CHICAGO, March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, both PureCircle USA Inc. and Sweet Green Fields USA LLC announced that they have settled a dispute before the International Trade Commission ("ITC") on the importation of products that were alleged to infringe PureCircle's US Patent No. 9,420,815 regarding Glucosylated Steviol Glycosides.
As part of the settlement, SGF has signed a license agreement with PureCircle that resolves the current dispute and allows SGF to continue to sell its Natrose I Glucosylated Steviol Glycosides product.
- PureCircle is the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it currently has 72 stevia-related approved patents and 200 pending.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
SOURCE PureCircle USA Inc.