BORDEAUX, France, October 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
AT Internet, a major player in the field of Digital analytics and Online Intelligence since 1995, and the Bordeaux-based IT research lab (LaBRI) have announced their joint venture in the 2.7 million Euro "Speed Data" project, with more than 50% State-funding as part of the digital section of the French government's "Investments for the future" initiative (Call for proposals "Cloud Computing" number 3 - Big Data).
The aim of the project, supported by Cap Digital*, is to develop a decision-making platform in SaaS mode which will offer unrivalled data by relying on innovative and competitive technology that will respond to the new challenges of Big Data: storing, exploiting and interpreting masses of heterogeneous data.
Analytics & BI: towards increased convergence
Today, (online and offline) data processing tools provide exhaustive analyses, but with no real convergence and via systems which are still too divided. The aim of the "Speed Data" project is to bring together Digital Analytics and Business Intelligence to provide the world of Business Intelligence with the dimensions of real-time, agility and responsiveness in the areas of data performance, data mining and data visualisation.
To reach this objective AT Internet and LaBRI have established the "SpeedData" project based on 3 main areas:
- "Optimisation": implementing all storage and processing infrastructures necessary to speed up data processing.
- "Data mining": the ability to interact with data from the platform via the most complete and quickest APIs possible: data crosses, cross-referencing, filtering and data aggregation upon demand.
- "Visualisation": a visual layer providing data visualisation tools with large sets of data.
Results: promising progress in research and gains in competitiveness
The cost-effective, scalable, real-time (less than a minute) platform will be able to process volumes of data larger than a terabyte. The processed data will essentially be non-structured and come from both the online and offline worlds (web traffic measurements, weather, offline sales, economic or financial statistics, logistic data flows etc.).
The decision-making tool, developed for research, teaching and training purposes, will be used to test the results of research groups, integrate new fundamental concepts, confirm data mining algorithms and consolidate the implementation of technologies in a full-scale environment.
With a strong technological advance it will also allow the editor, AT Internet, to position itself on the competitive Big Data market which is currently dominated by American companies.
Cyril Mazeau, project co-ordinator at AT Internet states that "AT Internet, in the very short term, will be able to develop and offer innovative IT applications in SaaS mode, by relying on the project's platform in SaaS mode. In addition to the project itself, the provisional operating plan will allow AT Internet to recruit several new staff members to develop and commercialise its IT applications."
The key points of the "Speed Data" project
- A 2.7 million Euro project with more than 50% State-funding as part of the digital section of the French government's "Investments for the future" initiative, favouring the emergence of a French company in the field of Big Data processing.
- AT Internet, an innovative SME, editor of Digital Analytics solutions which processes millions of web items on a daily basis (http://www.atinternet.fr).
- The Bordeaux-based IT research lab (LaBRI), which is the home to research teams focusing on the optimisation and visualisation of large sets of data (http://bigdata.labri.fr/doku.php/speeddata).
- Duration and total effort required: total duration of 36 months with the participation of 23 people.
- Project supported by Cap Digital*.
*Cap Digital is the French business cluster for digital content and services, a non-profit organization established in 2006.
About AT Internet
AT INTERNET - "AGILE BUSINESS DECISIONS"
AT Internet, a major player in the field of Web Analytics since 1995, helps companies drive their online performance and optimise their presence on all online marketing channels such as web and mobile sites, applications, e-CRM, social media etc. The company's Online Intelligence solutions provide reliable, valid, complete decision-making data. AT Internet has placed agility at the heart of its innovation process to provide its clients with an evolutionary and 100% modular solution that responds to the challenges faced by companies today. The strength of AT Internet's technology and the quality of its customer relations are recognised worldwide. AT Internet has more than 3,500 clients all over the world from all sectors. The company, which has more than 150 employees, is present in 20 different countries through its subsidiaries and partners.
Further information: http://www.atinternet.com
AT INTERNET PRESS CONTACT:
Fabienne Joffre - email@example.com - +33(0)1-56-54-14-30
SOURCE AT INTERNET