Customization in form factor, connectivity, and functionality to give professional headset vendors a competitive edge, finds Frost & Sullivan
SANTA CLARA, California, Aug. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Professional headsets are evolving more than any other type of business communications endpoint, boldly striding into the space for wearable technologies. The rise in software communications and collaboration has accelerated product development activities in the professional headset market, and vendors are showing urgency in rolling out next-generation headset models. Innovations in the fields of hearables, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and augmented hearing are especially fueling the incorporation of advanced capabilities, making professional headsets highly attractive to office workers all around the world.
"Novel features and technologies such as advanced noise cancellation, AI support, smart sensors, and newer form factors are boosting the appeal of professional headsets," said Alaa Saayed, Digital Transformation Industry Director at Frost & Sullivan. "Furthermore, the rise in wireless connectivity will augment the demand for cordless PC USB and Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) headsets, especially binaural cordless stereo UCC headsets."
Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis, Growth Opportunities in the Global Professional Headset Market, Forecast to 2024, provides in-depth analyses of the market drivers, restraints, and competitive trends in the global business headset market. Frost & Sullivan has identified 13 growth opportunities that span vision, strategy, products, services, business models, marketing, partnerships, sales, and support initiatives. The study covers the headset categories of professional headsets for desktop phones that use RJ9/RJ10/RJ22 connectors, professional headsets for software communications that use PC USB connectors, and multi-connectivity headsets that connect to various types of business endpoints.
For further information on this analysis, please visit: http://frost.ly/2o3
"The professional headset market is becoming highly competitive with multiple vendors expanding their product lines," noted Saayed. "To capture customer mindshare in such an environment, vendors need to innovate in terms of technologies, form factor, connectivity, functionality, pricing, and product support."
The continued influx of Gen Y into the workforce is changing workplace habits and communications patterns, compelling professional headset vendors to continuously refine their vision. Some of the most noticeable growth opportunities present in the professional headset market include:
- Integrating PC USB and UCC headsets with growing/emerging software-based communications and collaborations services;
- Investing in hearables R&D to enable modern connectivity types (Bluetooth 5), voice assistant support, real-time language translators, menu control via head gestures, and verbal commands;
- Offering augmented hearing capabilities that allow users to filter/mute background noise while accentuating the speech frequencies of someone seated nearby;
- Innovating advanced binaural Bluetooth headsets with best-in-class noise cancellation technologies, without ignoring DECT cordless headsets;
- Launching a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model to complement the professional headset offering;
- Expanding lines of dual- and triple-connectivity professional headsets; and
- Proactively engaging with the reseller channel to identify opportunity gaps.
Growth Opportunities in the Global Professional Headset Market, Forecast to 2024 is part of Frost & Sullivan's global Customer Engagement Growth Partnership Service program.
About Frost & Sullivan
For over five decades, Frost & Sullivan has become world-renowned for its role in helping investors, corporate leaders and governments navigate economic changes and identify disruptive technologies, Mega Trends, new business models and companies to action, resulting in a continuous flow of growth opportunities to drive future success. Contact us: Start the discussion.
Growth Opportunities in the Global Professional Headset Market, Forecast to 2024
P: +54 11 4777 5300