LONDON, October 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Gameloft launches iOS controller, BASH announces new partnership and Arizona celebrates Technology Recycling Day
Gameloft, a market leading publisher of digital games, has joined forces with iOS gaming experts, Duo Game, to release the world's first handheld control pad for iOS devices. The device will use Bluetooth technology to connect to a user's iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, allowing users to interact with Gameloft titles, and experience "kick back" gameplay for the first time on an Apple device.
The pad also gives gamers the opportunity to connect their device to a television or large screen display and play their games in a much more immersive environment. The Duo Gamer control pad is described as a "game-changer" by Duo Games' CEO, Mike Sievert, and will be on sale in Apple stores by the end of the week.
BASH Technologies, a major provider of cloud based mobile software, has announced a strategic partnership with IT consulting firm ENTAP, aimed at providing higher education establishments from around the world access to advanced mobile technologies.
BASHmobile will allow universities and colleges to implement a streamlined and fully integrated mobile strategy throughout their facilities, and provide students, parents and staff with real-time information about their courses and news bulletins from the management staff.
According to ENTAP Chief Operating Officer Joey Harpist, "the BASHmobile solution delivers a truly mobile, comprehensive, intuitive tool" for participating institutions, with the company hoping to encourage a number of prestigious educational establishments from across the world to adopt its services.
The Arizona Technology Council Foundation has announced the launch of Technology Recycling Day this week, providing local people and businesses with the chance to recycle their electronic waste, whilst also raising awareness about the need to dispose of electronics in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
The campaign was sparked by an Environmental Protection Agency study, which revealed that just 18% of the total number of recyclable devices in the US were recycled, whilst the other 82% were left in landfills. Drop-off points will be created in several locations across the State, with any functioning equipment donated to deprived schools and pupils. According to Arizona Technology Council CEO Steven Zylstra, "Electronic equipment is one of the fastest growing types of waste", and encouraging safe disposal lies at the heart of the program.
Follow PR Newswire on Twitter
Keep up-to-date with the latest sector-specific news headlines by following PR Newswire's Twitter accounts:
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 58 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content - from rich media to online video to multimedia - and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
SOURCE PR Newswire