Wireless mirroring for select Android phones along with a host of connectivity options are also available
BANGKOK, SINGAPORE, and TEL AVIV, Israel, July 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre, a leader in aftermarket car audio, today announced the launch of the new AVH-Z9150BT multimedia receiver, featuring built-in Wi-Fi wireless connectivity specifically designed to support a cable-free connection between the driver or passenger's smartphone and the receiver. The Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT takes the car infotainment experience to the next level by being the first receiver in Pioneer's lineup to support Apple CarPlay™ over wired USB and wireless, as well as Wi-Fi Certified Miracast wireless mirroring for selected Android phones.
"Every year, manufacturers release more electronics with a host of different connectivity options. In turn, drivers everywhere will expect their car infotainment systems to keep up with the latest trends and features." said Mr. Takao Chiba, Deputy General Manager of Business Planning and Marketing Division, Pioneer Electronics Asia Centre. "Today, consumers have grown accustomed to the uninterrupted freedom that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi bring to connectivity. As such, we have designed our new leading product to transform the in-car experience to offer unparalleled, seamless wireless connectivity, along with all the well-loved features Pioneer users cherish."
The AVH-Z9150BT provides compatibility with Apple CarPlay and support connecting to a compatible iPhone using either a wireless connection or a wired USB connection. Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer and more fun way to use an iPhone in the car.
MIRRORING WITH SELECT ANDROID DEVICES
Apart from supporting Apple CarPlay, the AVH-Z9150BT's built-in Wi-Fi capabilities also enable drivers using selected Android phones to enjoy the benefits of clutter-free wireless technology. With Wi-Fi Certified Miracast support, drivers can wirelessly mirror their Android phone's screen onto the receiver's touchscreen display. This allows them to use virtually all their phone apps -- such as navigation, messaging and music apps -- right on the bigger screen of the AVH-Z9150BT without the mess of cables and connectors.
EVEN MORE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS AND PREMIUM HARDWARE UPGRADES
This year, Pioneer is adding even more hardware and wired connectivity enhancements to the AVH-Z9150BT to complement its new wireless features. For starters, it features a big 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, similar in appearance and feel to the premium screens found on flagship smartphones and tablets. Compared to its predecessor's resistive screen, the AVH-Z9150BT's capacitive touchscreen looks even brighter and sharper, feels much more sensitive, supports multi-touch, and is easier to operate with a new Graphical User Interface.
Family drivers will also be happy to know that the AVH-Z9150BT offers dual zone functionality, a convenient feature that enables drivers to play audio from two sources simultaneously. While parent drivers tune in to driving directions or podcasts, the kids in the back seat can play the music they like at the same time without any disruption.
FUTURE-PROOFING INFOTAINMENT WHILE KEEPING THE BEST OF THE BEST
While the AVH-Z9150BT has been designed with the most cutting edge of wireless technologies, the company has made it a point to support popular forms of storage while retaining the most loved features of previous generation receivers. As such, the AVH-Z9150BT features a new SD card slot which supports cards up to 32GB in capacity, and sports a HDMI port as well as two USB ports with quick charging for Android and iOS devices respectively. In addition, the AVH-Z9150BT retains ports for AUX cables, RGB peripherals and microphones, along with support for back-up cameras and other accessories.
Drivers will also be happy to know that the AVH-Z9150BT is created with the same professionally tuned, audiophile-grade premium components, as well as audio calibration tools and software enhancements used in all of its flagship receivers. Pioneer's well-loved proprietary infotainment platform, AppRadio Mode+, is also installed on the AVH-Z9150BT -- giving both iOS and Android users the ability to control a variety of in-vehicle apps directly from the reciever's touchscreen display. Refer to www.appradiomode.com for more information.
With support for Apple CarPlay in both wired and wireless modes, wireless mirroring for select Android devices, and a myriad of old and new wired connectivity options, drivers can rest assured that the Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT will fufill all their infotainment needs conveninently and seamlessly.
The Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT is now available at Pioneer's authorised dealers. As actual product availability varies by country, please contact your local Pioneer office for more information.
High-res product images can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qcs30vpgi5zkgi4/AADrjwaoq7mwfr4CRAAi5w5Za?dl=0
For more updates on these products, please visit the Pioneer Car Entertainment Facebook page at www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment/.
- Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some countries, certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
- Pioneer Multimedia Receivers are compatible with selected Android and iPhone smartphones only.
- Apple CarPlay is available on Apple iPhone 5 or later with iOS 7.1 or higher, and requires Lightning to USB cable. For availability in your country, please visit http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- Compatibility with AppRadio Mode +, AppRadioLIVE, and third-party applications varies by the iPhone/ Android models and their software versions.
- Wi-Fi Certified Miracast requires a compatible device. More information is available at www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/miracast.
- Video playback over Miracast is enabled only when the vehicle is in park and the parking brake engaged.
- Bluetooth® functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.
- Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
- AppRadio LIVE requires a Pioneer AppRadio Mode compatible multimedia receiver. Specific models vary by region.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices, and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver.
- FLAC Codec support are for the files stored in USB thumb drive.
- Full-HD playback, for USB devices, is not supported for some compatible codecs.
- Apple CarPlay via wired connection is accessible via the user's iPhone cable or Pioneer's optional CD-IU52 cable. USB Type-C devices may require additional Google certified adapters or cables.
- Notes on connecting Android smartphone with USB Type-C™ to Pioneer receiver - For audio and multimedia receivers featuring Android media playback and control via AOA and/or MTP, it is recommended that the audio or multimedia receiver is directly connected to the phone using only the CD-CU50, or a certified USB Type-A to USB Type-C™ cable (preferably under 1 m in length). For AV receivers featuring Android Auto™, it is recommended that the AV receiver is directly connected to the phone using the USB Type-A extension cable supplied by Pioneer and the CD-CU50, or only the CD-CU50, or a certified USB Type-A to USB Type-C™ cable (preferably under 1 m in length). In some cases, a connection between a Pioneer receiver and a phone using a conventional USB Type-C™ cable may be dysfunctional.
- Android and Android Auto are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Android Auto is available with Android phone running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher with a data plan. Availability of Android Auto may vary depending upon your country and phone model. Please visit http://www.android.com/auto for more information.
- AppRadioLIVE, AppRadio, PIONEER AND MIXTRAX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- Apple, iPod, iPhone, Siri, CarPlay and the CarPlay logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast and Miracast are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- SPOTIFY and the Spotify logo are among the registered trademarks of Spotify AB. Compatible mobile digital devices and premium subscription required, where available, see http://www.spotify.com.
- All other brands, product names, or logos may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, Pioneer's core business is in car audio visual. Pioneer aims to be a leading aftermarket manufacturer and supplier to leading car brands, providing comprehensive infotainment solutions for in-car, by developing next-generation devices and innovative cloud services for the growing connected car market. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.
SOURCE Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd.