SEATTLE, May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Pico Model C Top Five Most Successful Food Kickstarter Campaign Opens to European Backers
PicoBrew, manufacturer of the world's first line of automatic, craft beer brewing appliances, today announced that it will be expanding its business into Europe. Its consumer grade Pico countertop appliances for home brewing (previously only available at retail in the U.S.) will be available to European customers, making brewing at home easier and even more affordable for craft beer enthusiasts. Pico appliances allow anyone to brew delicious craft beers, using PicoPaks from top breweries all around the world, in their home in just seven to 14 days, ensuring the freshest beer possible.
Kickstarter Initiative for Pico Model C
Through May 12, 2017, Pico Model C-the newest model from PicoBrew recently launched on Kickstarter to help fund initial production-is available to European backers. The Pico Model C already ranks in the top 5 most successful Food Kickstarter projects of all time. The project was fully funded reaching $350K USD within just seven hours, and passed the $1M USD mark in just 15 days.
"Since we launched our first beer brewing appliance, the professional grade Zymatic®, there has been overwhelming demand from European beer lovers. We are thrilled to be able to deliver Pico to European beer connoisseurs, who want to try some of the best American craft beers," said Dr. Bill Mitchell, CEO, PicoBrew. "Pico Model C is our best Pico yet because we incorporated feedback from our customers to make it easier to use than ever before. We're overwhelmed by the incredible success of our Kickstarter campaign and are happy to be able to share the rewards with our European customers."
While the earlier levels of Pico Model C Kickstarter specials were only available to U.S. customers, current pledge levels are open to European backers, including the following reward tiers:
Pico Model C is the new, easiest-to-use countertop Pico model that uses the same innovative technology as the earlier stainless steel Pico to brew fresh craft beer automatically in about two hours. It has a sleek, black powder-coated exterior and high-contrast two-line OLED display. It also includes the new Pico C Brew Keg, which features a simplified hose connection and is dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup.
- Pico Model C will retail for €799 MSRP when it hits European stores in Autumn of 2017 and will include the brewing appliance, Pico C Brewing Keg and 5L serving keg.
- PicoPaks and the CO2 carbonation kit will be sold separately.
- The Pico Model C Kickstarter campaign offers early backers a chance to purchase the new model starting at just $329 USD (€302*) plus shipping.
BrewUnlimited is a new PicoPak service which includes shipping costs, allows craft beer enthusiasts to brew as many PicoPaks as they want each month.
- Customers are limited to two unbrewed PicoPaks at any time during their service term, but as soon as they brew both, they may reorder any PicoPak, including the new design-them-yourself FreeStyle PicoPaks.
- The BrewUnlimited Europe service is now available in the following European territories including: UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Norway, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Italy.
- European customers that purchase the BrewUnlimited service will receive air delivery of their PicoPaks direct from America and this new service is available for a limited time during the Pico Model C Kickstarter campaign at a special discounted rate.
- European residents of UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy and Netherlands can purchase the , BrewUnlimited 2 months offer for $150 USD (€137*), and BrewUnlimited 12 month offer for $740 USD (€677*) and can continue either subscription at a monthly cost of $89 USD (€81*). Subscription fees include shipping costs.
- European residents of Austria, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland can purchase the BrewUnlimited 2 months offer for $160 USD (€146*), and BrewUnlimited 12 month offer for $820 USD (€750*) and can continue either subscription at a monthly cost of $99 USD (€90*). Subscription fees include shipping costs.
PicoStill is an innovative, patent-pending distilling attachment that is compatible with the company's Pico countertop brewing appliances and Zymatic® professional grade appliance. PicoStill is a device topped with a sleek copper distilling coil that fits over the Pico C Brew Keg and can be used to distill hop oil, water, and essential oils. With proper licenses and permits, it may also be used to distill spirits. Kickstarter backers can preorder one for $170 USD (€156*) plus shipping.
Since the Pico Model C Kickstarter has met a number of key stretch goals already, all European backers who purchase a Pico Model C will also receive the following special rewards:
- Built-in sous-vide capabilities
- Free PicoPak from 2014 World Beer Cup Gold Winning Mike Hess Brewing Habitus Double IPA
- Free Classic Lemon Kombucha PicoPak
- Free Fremont Brewing Summer Ale PicoPak (for customers who order Pico Model C by April 30)
Additional incentives will be announced throughout the campaign.
PicoBrew products will be available in the UK in Autumn 2017 via Amazon and other leading retailers.
For high-res images and video of Pico Model C, visit: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwp5b07t35hrnpa/AACbXm_K6uArfuXTG41tUjqVa?dl=0
Additional PicoPak options and appliance features include:
- BrewPulse is a new mobile application that serves to help manage and control a PicoBrewer's craft beer life. They can easily purchase PicoPaks through the BrewMarketplace, monitor the progress of their brewing cycle in real-time, and now track fermentation and carbonation progress to achieve their finished beer. The app will be free for download and available for iOS and Android coincident with Pico Model C shipping and compatible with the original stainless steel Pico as well.
- Freestyle PicoPaks: For brewers looking to put their personal touch on their PicoBrew beer, the Freestyle tool at PicoBrew.com allows them to create a completely unique PicoPak. Brewers can select a beer style as a starting point, drag-and-drop the hops and grains to create a custom brew, and even name their beer. When the Freestyle PicoPak is ordered, PicoBrew assembles the ingredients and prints the pack with the name.
- Sous-vide: Pico Model C will include a sous-vide functionality that allows users to sous-vide directly in the Pico C Brew Keg. Sous-vide cooking is a popular advanced culinary technique that very evenly cooks meat, fish, vegetables and eggs. Sous-viding in the Model C Keg is more convenient than ever and won't require an adapter. Sous-vide recirculators typically retail for more than $150 USD (€135*), so this feature provides substantial value.
* price based on current exchange rates, and VAT and DUTY charges are not included.
Notes to Editors
PicoBrew was founded in Seattle in 2010 by brothers Bill and Jim Mitchell, a former Microsoft executive and food scientist, along with engineer Avi Geiger. Combining their food science and technology expertise with their passion for homebrewing, they set out to improve the craft beer brewing process for small producers and homebrewers. PicoBrew introduced its flagship product, the award-winning Zymatic® automatic beer-brewing appliance for beer brewing professionals and homebrewers, in 2013. The Pico™, designed for consumer craft beer enthusiasts, followed in 2016. Both machines are designed to improve the precision, repeatability and overall quality of the brewing process to create consistently delicious craft beer. For more information, visit http://www.picobrew.com or follow PicoBrew on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Kombucha PicoPaks: Health-conscious customers will enjoy the addition of Kombucha PicoPaks, which will be available in the fall. The three initial flavors of the popular fermented tea, Classic Lemon, Ginger Malt and Lemon Malt, will come packaged in PicoPaks that can be brewed automatically in the same way beer is brewed in the Pico. After brewing, users will add a SCOBY (the bacteria and yeast starter culture) to their fermenting keg and let it ferment for approximately seven days (SCOBY which are reusable, are not included in each Pak).
Gluten-reduced Beer: After a growing demand for gluten-reduced PicoPaks, PicoBrew also announced plans for a simple adjunct offering that allows the production of greatly gluten-reduced beers, making its craft beer catalog more accessible to all. The brewing enzyme Clarity Ferm helps to significantly reduce the gluten content in beers made with barley or wheat, making them more accessible to people with gluten sensitivities, while maintaining the full flavor and aroma of the beer.
Pico, the original stainless steel model, is currently available for sale on PicoBrew.com for $799 USD and European retailers such as Amazon are expected to carry the line of products later this year. Pico includes the brewing appliance, brewing keg, 5L serving keg, CO2 carbonation kit and a starter PicoPak.