AMSTERDAM and PARIS, September 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
New portable ventilator builds on Philips respiratory clinical excellence to enhance transitional care coordination and collaboration
At the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2018 in Paris, France (September 15-19), Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG) (AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, will showcase the company's growing portfolio of advanced connected care solutions designed to foster effective and efficient care for chronic respiratory and sleep conditions. During the show, Philips will also unveil its newest connected solution, Trilogy Evo, the only portable life support ventilator platform designed to stay with patients to provide consistent therapy and monitoring as they change care environments and when their condition changes.
Chronic conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) can be difficult to manage due to complex care plans, large care teams, and frequent readmissions. Integrated with Care Orchestrator , Philips' sleep and respiratory care cloud-based management system, Trilogy Evo will help to ease this burden by allowing physicians, clinicians, and care providers to collaborate and coordinate care from hospital to home by storing their patient prescription and therapy information in a single secure location.
"Worldwide, chronic conditions are on the rise, presenting continually growing care challenges. Time and again, we have seen the positive impact that connected care can have not only on patients, but on the care teams that serve them," said John Frank, Business Leader for Sleep and Respiratory Care at Philips. "With effective treatment options, chronic respiratory conditions can be managed effectively. Trilogy Evo is our next evolution of work in connected care solutions, making therapy management for chronic conditions easier and more efficient."
Along with Trilogy Evo, Philips will showcase the latest suite of integrated innovations in sleep and respiratory care including:
- Care Orchestrator, Philips cloud-based patient management software solution that allows providers and clinicians to efficiently manage patient care across a single platform. Through its cloud-based solutions like Care Orchestrator, Philips enables the care of more than 8.5 million connected sleep and respiratory patients worldwide.
- NightBalance Lunoa is the latest treatment for positional sleep apnea. The small, lightweight device worn in a belt around the chest uses gentle vibrations to help stop wearers from sleeping on their back. Over 73% of adults using the NightBalance Lunoa therapy reported a long-term improvement in the three most reported positional sleep apnea symptoms. 
- SmartSleep, the world's first and only clinically proven wearable solution for consumers to improve deep sleep quality for people who do not get enough sleep due to lifestyle. After two weeks of use, 70 percent of users in a clinical trial reported feeling less tired during the day.  Connectivity with the Smart Sleep mobile application offers users with direct access to sleep data and analysis.
- Philips DreamWear line, including DreamWear Full Face, the newest option available for its award-winning sleep mask line that places the hose on top of the head instead of in front of the face, offering freedom of movement and the ability to sleep in any position. Users and technicians can easily swap cushions between DreamWear mask frames. CPAP users reported being more satisfied with fit and comfort of the DreamWear Full face mask over other leading full face masks. 
- DreamStation Go, At half the size of our System One and DreamStation platforms, DreamStation Go offers the same therapy and comfort features used by over 5 million CPAP users and 1/3 components to pack than its closest competitors.
- DreamMapper, the #1 downloaded and top-rated PAP therapy engagement mobile and web-based application shown to enhance adherence.  58 percent more people use their therapy every night when using DreamMapper. 
Additionally, Philips executives and partners will participate in the following industry workshops during ERS 2018, sharing their clinical insight into chronic sleep and respiratory conditions:
- Industry Practical Workshop: Sunday, September 16, 13:15 - 14:30, Hall 7.3 I L
- "Advance monitoring for a next generation ventilator" hosted by Teofilo Lee-Chiong, MD; Chief Medical Liaison at Philips with speaker Cesare Gregoretti, MD.
- Industry Practical Workshop: Monday, September 17, 13:15 - 14:30, Hall 7.3 I L
- "Expiratory Flow Limitation - What it is and Why it matters" featuring Dr. Peter Calverley
To experience the entire portfolio of sleep and respiratory products, visit Philips at ERS booth B06. For updates on Philips' presence at ERS 2018, or more information on Philips' advanced solutions for sleep and respiratory care, follow @PhilipsResp or visit Philips.com/At-ERS-Congress.
 Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. 2017. Retrieved from: http://goldcopd.org/gold-2017-global-strategy-diagnosis-management-prevention-copd
 Dutch Apnea Society survey (Apneuvereniging) based on 75 NightBalance users for an average of 2.2 years.
Page 7, most reported symptoms, page 8, reported results by symptom, mean results of top 3 symptoms.
 Home user trial 1 shows that 70% of chronically sleep deprived participants rated their level of daytime sleepiness lower after 2 weeks than they did at baseline.
 Aug 2017 Patient Preference trial, n = 85; compared masks included Resmed Airfit F10 and F20, Respironics Amara View and F&P Simplus.
 Source: April 2018 review of Apple App Store®, Google Play™ store and App Annie™.
 19% of DreamMapper users used their therapy 100% of the nights over 90-days versus 12% for the Standard Care users, a 58.33% increase. In a retrospective review conducted by Philips Respironics of the EncoreAnywhere database that compared DreamMapper patients (n=85,077) to users who did not use it (n=87,602).
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips generated 2017 sales of EUR 17.8 billion and employs approximately 75,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at http://www.philips.com/newscenter.
For further information, please contact: Kathy O'Reilly, Philips Group Press Office, Mobile: +1-978-221-8919, E-mail: email@example.com; Meredith Amoroso, Philips Sleep and Respiratory Care, Mobile: +1-724-584-8991, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Royal Philips