ANDOVER, Massachusetts, March 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Show highlights Philips' innovation in diagnosis and treatment, radiation dose management and informatics solutions across the health continuum
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the 2015 European Congress of Radiology (ECR), held in Vienna, Austria, 4-8 March. Philips booths #102 and #110 will showcase imaging solutions designed for early and confident diagnosis, while enhancing patient experience and driving down healthcare costs.
"Radiology is the backbone of diagnosis and critical for ensuring that clinicians can put patients on the right path to the right treatment at the right time," said Gene Saragnese, Executive Vice President and CEO, Imaging Systems, Philips. "Philips is leading the charge in connecting radiologists with other clinicians, so they can become the integrators and analysts of critical clinical data and extend their impact on patient care from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and recovery."
Philips will showcase its connected care solutions designed to enhance a radiologists' ability to access actionable insights from across all relevant diagnostic and patient data, to get a 360 degree view of the patient's healthcare journey. Philips range of advanced radiology technologies and solutions at ECR 2015 will deliver several key benefits:
Connecting health informatics across the continuum
For the first time in Europe, Philips will showcase its new informatics solution, the IntelliSpace Portal 7.0, a single platform that connects radiologists and referring physicians across clinical domains, integrating with multiple modalities and hospital information systems (HIS), picture archiving and communication system (PACS) and radiology information systems (RIS). Clinicians can review and complete cases from virtually any location. IntelliSpace Portal Enterprise, the multi-site companion to the IntelliSpace Portal, connects multiple hospitals to ensure every clinician always has access to the same applications - and grows the solution as the hospital network grows. IntelliSpace Portal 7.0 also offers a broad set of clinical applications covering cardiology, vascular, oncology, neurology and other clinical domains.
Balancing dose exposure with enhanced imaging
Philips will also exhibit the DoseWise Portal*, a comprehensive radiation dose management software solution aimed at managing radiation exposure risk to patients and their caregivers. The Portal is currently being developed and will allow healthcare providers to proactively record, analyse and monitor imaging radiation dose for patients and clinicians across multiple diagnostic and interventional settings. Philips DoseWise Solutions also include a comprehensive portfolio of products and services including ClarityIQ, IMR and DoseAware, that empower healthcare providers with both the data and support they need to implement a broad and comprehensive dose management strategy.
Improving diagnosis and image quality
- IQon Spectral CT** - The world's first spectral-detector CT that retrospectively will add spectral resolution to the image quality, delivering anatomical information and the ability to characterise structures with workflow that's radically simple and at low dose.
- EmboGuide with XperCT Dual - First workflow-based tool that improves the detection of lesions and feeding vessels by 50% compared to standard digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- MobileDiagnost wDR - Premium solutions for quality images and excellent X-ray dose management. In addition, Philips' SkyFlow technology allows clinicians to combine the ease of the gridless acquisition workflow with the contrast quality of a grid image for bedside chest radiography.
- MobileDiagnost Opta*** - Quality diagnostic images on a managed budget.
- Veradius Unity Mobile C-Arm - Helps to establish good communication between physician and operator, to improve workflow and increase throughput.
- Affiniti Ultrasound - Innovative ultrasound system designed to help radiology departments deliver high quality patient care while facing increased patient loads with fewer resources.
Enhancing the patient experience
- Ingenia 1.5T S** with Ambient Experience, patient in-bore solution - will offer a soothing audiovisual experience to relax patients while inside an MRI scanner and improve workflow.
- Sonalleve MR-HIFU*** - Introduces Direct Skin Cooling and Dual Mode Thermometry to substantially shorten treatment times and enhance patient comfort.
- MicroDose SI upgradable to Tomosynthesis* - Comfortable and less stressful mammography experience maintains outstanding image quality using non-invasive spectral applications. At ECR Philips is announcing the upgrade path to future advanced applications such as spectral tomosynthesis.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2014 sales of EUR 21.4 billion and employs approximately 105,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at http://www.philips.com/newscenter.
* DoseWise Portal and MicroDose SI upgradable to Tomosynthesis are still under development and not yet available for sale.
** IQon Spectral CT and Ingenia 1.5T S are not yet CE marked, and not yet available for delivery.
*** MobileDiagnost Opta and Sonalleve MR-HIFU are not available in the USA.
This material is not meant for distribution in the USA.
For further information, please contact :
SOURCE Royal Philips