DUBLIN, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ms3fjr/pharmaceuticals) has announced the addition of a new report "Pharmaceuticals Market Access Taiwan" to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
January 2013 will see implementation of Taiwan's second generation national health insurance law bringing important changes to the market for prescription medicines in one of Asia's booming tiger economies. The new drug pricing process will be modified and the importance of health technology assessment (HTA) reaffirmed. The Cross-Strait Co-operation Agreement on Medicine and Public Health Affairs with mainland China might be of even greater significance in the longer term as this potentially leads to progressive mutual recognition of clinical trial results. R&D companies active in Taiwan will then have easier access to the 1.3 billion consumers speaking the same language waiting just across the Strait.
Written with the understandable detail and objectivity you require, Pharmaceuticals Market Access Taiwan provides the answers needed for product introduction and life-cycle management in the sixth-largest market in Asia-Pacific:
- How the drug categorisation, launch pricing, price-volume agreement and price revision processes work, with data sources, timelines, examples and results.
- HTA policies by the Center for Drug Evaluation explained, with data sources, timelines, examples and results.
- Drug expenditure target as an alternative to biennial price cuts.
- Incomplete separation between prescribing and dispensing and the drug price gap.
- Impact of global budgets on pharmaceutical costs.
- Pay-for-performance incentives for prescribers.
- One of the world's best environments for rare disease management.
- Generic pricing and its relationship to product quality.
Focusing on NHI reimbursement pricing but encompassing the IND to the PMS stages.
Over 30 tables, figures & case studies. Much not published in English before.
Based on face-to-face interviews with key market participants and data collection conducted in Taipei during September 2012. Includes brand-new local pharmacoeconomic study checklist.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Introduction
2. Pharmaceutical Sector
3. Introductory Pricing of New Drugs
4. Health Technology Assessment
5. Price Revision
7. Demand-Side Controls
8. Payment of Providers
10. Prospects for Change
List of Tables
List of Figures
Glossary of Abbreviations and Acronyms
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ms3fjr/pharmaceuticals
Source: Just Pharma Reports
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets