SAO PAULO, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul McCartney chose the heavenly Txai Resort, in Itacare, Bahia, to rest after his shows in Brazil. Paul arrived at the hotel last Tuesday (May 7) and went straight to the piano, placed there especially for him on the veranda of his bungalow. The singer also took the opportunity to have a massage with a specialist from the Shamash Healing Space, one of the country's more renowned spas.
During his stay, the ex-Beatle got to know the resort's philanthropic projects, among them the "Txaitaruga," a project for the conservation and monitoring of 10,000 sea turtles that lay their eggs on the shores of Itacare, and along with his band, he was able to take part in the release of the baby turtles into the sea. The musician also showed great interest in the Companheiros do Txai [Companions of Txai], a project created to help small farmers from the Itacare/Serra Grande APA (Protected Environmental Area) to use the forest resources of the Mata Atlantica rainforest in a sustainable fashion, which are purchased and used by the hotel itself.
To conclude his visit to the hotel, Paul was invited by the President of Txai Resorts, Jose Romeu Ferraz Neto, to plant a seedling of the Juerana tree, a species from the Mata Atlantica rainforest threatened with extinction used by the Pataxó Indians for the making of crafts, that will remain in the garden as a gift in honor of the environment.
About Txai Resort Itacare
Tucked away in a Protected Environmental Area (APA) of the Mata Atlantica rainforest surrounded by coves, white sand beaches and blue sea, the Txai Resort, at Itacarezinho beach in Itacare (Bahia), is made up of 40 bungalows built from local raw materials (such as the piassava palm and dende splints). The facility is considered a most beautiful and enticing setting, and is endowed with ample infrastructure, including five swimming pools, four bars, a fitness center, three restaurants, a TV room, VIP lounge at Ilhéus Airport, an excursion house, piano bar, game room, tennis courts, a heliport and one of Brazil's most differentiated spas, Shamash Healing Space. With hotel management provided by BHG S.A - Brazil Hospitality Group, the Txai network inaugurated its first unit in Itacare- Bahia twelve years ago.
- "Most Excellent Beach Hotel" Top 3 South America, Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Guide 2013
- "Most Excellent Eco Resort" Top 3 South America, Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Guide 2013
- "Most Excellent Beach Hotel" Top 3 South America, Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Guide 2012
- "Most Excellent Resort in The Americas, Atlantic, Caribbean & Pacific Islands," Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Guide 2008
- Nominated as a "Leading Boutique Hotel," World Travel Awards 2008
- "Top ten tourism destinations," The New York Times 2008
- "O Melhor do Brasil – Hotel Sustentavel do Ano," [Best of Brazil – Sustainable Hotel of the Year] Guia 4 Rodas 2008/2009
Office of Communications
In Press Porter Novelli
SOURCE Txai Resort Itacare