DUBLIN, June 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtm9z8/patient) has announced the addition of the "Patient Controlled Analgesia" report to their offering.
An increasing understanding of the physiology of pain coupled with patient-friendly dosage forms and delivery techniques is providing caregivers and prescribers with improved tools for helping patient manage their own pain. New and emerging pain delivery products that allow patients to play an active role in the timing and dosing of their pain medication allow patients to balance pain relief and medication side effects, and potentially improve quality-of-life. Pain management philosophy is based on the premise of treating pain early and aggressively.
This is based on research that pain is tightly correlated with decreased quality of life, and increased incidence of anxiety and depression. Further, pain causes the physiologic release of destructive enzymes that can damage even healthy tissue. The aging population - particularly in North America and Western Europe, where the quality of medical care is high and consumers enjoy a relatively high standard of living - will create a growing market of mature and elderly needing drug therapies and pain management for a variety of maladies associated with the aging process. These factors are attracting well-financed players and elevating alliance activity in this sector.
- Analyzes and evaluates patient controlled analgesia (PCA) products and assesses the market potential for existing and probable future products
- Analyzes product designs, technologies and market development issues
- Provides detailed descriptions of PCA market segments, market demographics, and business strategies
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2022
- Profiles PCA product companies, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
- Assesses the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships
- Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on PCA markets
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Pain Management Market Dynamics
3. PCA Design Factors
4. PCA Device Assessments
5. PCA Market Assessments and Analysis
6. Market Factors
7. Market Data & Forecasts
8. Sector Participant Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtm9z8/patient