DUBLIN, Mar 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Patch Pump Drug Delivery Systems Devices Therapeutics Markets Forecasts" report to their offering.
This report analyzes important therapeutic segments and examines key regulatory, economic and competitive factors that represent potential barriers to commercial success.
Patch pumps are the convergence of several technologies into a single drug delivery device package. In doing so, this class of devices overcomes a number of shortcomings and limitations, while simplifying the drug administration event at the patient interface. While the early patch pumps focused on insulin delivery, the market has evolved to include a growing number of devices have been designed and developed to API agnostic.
The study is designed to provide drug company decision makers, drug delivery developers, device designers, healthcare marketers, and supply chain participants with a detailed understanding of the economics, technologies, disease segments, and commercial opportunities for patch pump delivery systems. Provider organization business managers, healthcare administrators and investors will also benefit from this study.
Patch Pump Drug Delivery Systems - What Will You Learn:
- What patch pump devices for drug delivery have been approved for marketing, and what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for patch pump systems?
- What are the key design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- What is the market today, who are the leaders, and what will it look like in 2024?
- Who are the competitors and participants in the patch pump device segment, and what are their product development activities, business strategies, and business alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on patch pump commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on the patch pump drug delivery market?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Evolution in Packaged Injectables
- Patient-friendly Devices
- Demand Drivers
- Chronic Conditions
- Drug Self-Administration
- Healthcare Economics
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
3. Therapeutic Market Factors
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Diseases and Indications
- Patient Demographics
- Dosing Frequency and Safety
- Managed Care Initiatives
4. Patch Pump Device Strategies
- Device/System Architecture
- Volumes & Viscosities
- Device Electronics
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
- Patient Training
5. Device Design Factors
- Drug Stability and Shelf Life
- Material Selection Issues
- Patient Interface
- Failsafe Design
- Primary Container
6. Patch Pump Device Assessments
- FDA-Approved Patch Pump Devices
- Non-FDA Commercial Devices
- Development-stage Devices
7. Patch Pump Product Segments
- Prefilled Patch Pumps
- Patient-fillable Patch Pumps
- Mechanical Delivery Devices
- Piston-type Systems
- Flexible Container Systems
- Electronic Delivery Devices
- Piston-type Systems
- Hybrid Systems
- Discrete Electronics Module
- Electro-chemical Activation
8. Patch Pump Drug Segments
- Small Molecule Drugs
- Generic Injectables
9. Patch Pump Therapeutic Product Analysis
- Infectious Disease
- Reproductive Health
10. Market Data and Forecasts
- Market Data by Region
- Market Data by Device Class
- Market Data by Supplier
11. Market Factors
- Self-Administration and Patient Compliance
- Regulatory Guidance and Product Approvals
- IP and Product Positioning
- Product Re-positioning
12. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/87cr4q/patch_pump_drug
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets