LONDON, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Potty training is a big step for kids and parents alike. Making the transition from nappies to pants can often feel like a daunting task but it doesn't need to be with Huggies® Pull-Ups® Potty Training Pants.
Many children show an interest in potty training by the age of 2 but others might not be ready until 2 ½ - it is important to remember there is no rush. Every child is unique and so is their potty training journey. For those parents who are about to begin the process, starting out can often be daunting due to the various methods which other parents practice and the amount of advice which is available.
The Huggies® Pull-Ups® Potty Training Pants website has all of the information that parents need, from identifying when their little one is ready to begin the journey, to tips and advice to help them throughout the process.
The first question for parents is usually when should they start potty training their child? Huggies® Pull-Ups® has created the 8 signs of readiness to help:
8 Signs of Readiness
- Your child stays dry for two hours or more at a time, or is dry after a daytime nap
- Your child tells you in words or by behaviour that wearing a wet nappy is uncomfortable, and needs changing
- Your child asks to use the potty or the toilet
- You usually know when your child is likely to have a poo
- Your child asks to wear potty training pants or normal underwear
- Your child can understand and follow simple instructions, like 'bring me the potty, please'
- Your child can show in behaviour, or can use words, to let you know they need a wee or a poo
- Your child can put on some of their clothes on their own
Once a parent can tick at least three of these signs, then their child is ready.
Huggies® Pull-Ups® Potty Training Pants offer a practical solution to make potty training fun and enjoyable, they pull up and down easily to help little ones feel like they are wearing big kid underwear. While the easy open sides ensure mums can to check for little accidents and change if necessary.
Huggies® Pull-Ups® also feature fading graphics for a child to recognise the difference between being wet and dry. The specially designed graphics fade when wet and act as a visual guide. The Disney® Cars, Princess and Minnie Mouse graphics also put the fun into potty training and help make the process a little easier and fun for the child.
Although almost all toddlers become dry during the day first, consistently using Huggies® Pull-Ups® and Huggies® Pull-Ups® Night-Time from the start can help to shorten the potty training process.
For further potty training advice, free downloadable potty training tools visit the Huggies® Pull-Ups® website.
Search: Pull-Ups potty training
SOURCE Kimberley Clark