DUBLIN, Mar. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Orthopedic Navigation Systems Market 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global orthopedic navigation system market is expected to reach USD 303.7 million by 2025. Increasing geriatric population prone to orthopedic diseases is a key contributing factor propelling the demand for orthopedic navigation systems over the forecast period. Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis are most common disorders in the population aged 70 years and above. Growing prevalence of these disorders results in increased economic burden on many countries.
According to the WHO, 9.6% of men and 18% of women are suffering from various forms of arthritis globally. Over 82% of people suffering from osteoarthritis have difficulty in movement and around 25% are not able to perform daily activities. Degenerative joint disorders affect majorly knee, hip, and ankle. Knee and hip replacement procedures are performed in 85% of patients suffering from osteoarthritis. Other factors include physical inactivity, obesity, unhealthy lifestyle, and injuries.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Rising demand for computer-assisted orthopedic surgery due to associated advantages such as low recovery time and shorter hospital stay are anticipated to fuel the industry growth.
- Knee navigation systems held the largest market share in 2016 owing to increased adoption by healthcare professionals and ample availability of products.
- Asia Pacific regional market is anticipated to witness lucrative growth due to rising incidence of orthopedic disorders and awareness levels amongst consumers regarding benefits of minimally invasive surgery.
- High economic development is boosting medical tourism in countries, such as India and China, which is expected to drive the growth by increasing the buying capacity of consumers.
- The market is moving toward consolidation, as large pharmaceuticals are focused on strategic acquisitions of smaller companies to gain competitive advantage in coming years.
- Stryker Corporation
- B Braun Melsungen AG
- Brainlab AG
- Zimmer Biomet, Inc.
- MicroPort Medical
- Amplitude SAS
- DePuy Synthes, Inc
- Orthokey Italia SRL
- Smith & Nephew
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology & Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 Orthopedic Navigation System Market Variables, Trends & Scope
4 Orthopedic Navigation System: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5 Orthopedic Navigation System: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Application
6 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/582q3c/orthopedic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets