-- Startup to focus on customer success, expansion and continued growth abroad
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Optimizely, the world's leading website optimization platform, now serves the vast majority of its customers in their local currency. The company, who launched its platform in nine additional languages in April, continues to work on improving customer experience and success in growing markets by allowing payments in USD, GBP and EUR. The move to offering local currencies will help Optimizely customers in a couple ways: smooth international payments due to fluctuating exchange rates, and help customers improve forecasting and budgeting by avoiding international transaction fees.
"Local currencies is another step in our global strategy to delight customers everywhere," says Dan Siroker, CEO of Optimizely. "In addition to localized sites, in-language support and sales in multiple time zones, local currencies will solidify Optimizely's global presence by enabling customers in the markets we serve with more predictable budgeting."
Overall, local currency payments have some major advantages:
- Marketing teams can avoid forecasting for currency fluctuations because they can pay in their local currency. Eliminating that step could save time and money.
- Instead of being obscured by exchange rates, customers see prices in the actual amount of local currency they'll pay. Less thinking, more tests run.
- In addition to USD, customers can now pay for Optimizely in EUR and GBP
- Since April of 2013, Optimizely has been available in Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Outside of the US, Optimizely's fastest growing customer base is in Germany, followed by the UK and Spain.
- Optimizely opened its Amsterdam office late 2012 for responsive, in-language phone support in German, French, Dutch and Spanish
- More than 5,000 enterprises have adopted Optimizely including The Guardian, Thomas Cook and TUIfly.com, helping the company pass established players to become the leading A/B testing tool in the world.
"Optimizely continues to earn the trust of our team by helping us reach our goals quickly. The ability to pay for Optimizely's platform in our own currency has supported the speed and quality of our marketing efforts," says Timo Dominiok, Project Manager E-Commerce at TUIfly.com. "We're glad to see this feature being rolled out to all customers."
Optimizely is the leading global web optimization platform that provides A/B and multivariate testing for individuals with and without technical expertise. The platform is easy to use and empowers organizations to conceive and run experiments that help them make better data-driven decisions. With targeting, segmenting and powerful real-time data, Optimizely meets the diverse needs of any business looking to deliver unique web experiences to their visitors. For more information about Optimizely please visit www.optimizely.com, or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.