DUBLIN, Ireland, August 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lxh575/oncology) has announced the addition of the "Oncology Therapeutics Market in India to 2018 - Introduction of Market-Based Pricing to Fuel Price Wars and Intense Competition Among Domestic and Multinational Players" report to their offering.
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, ""Oncology Therapeutics Market in India to 2018 - Introduction of Market-Based Pricing to Fuel Price Wars and Intense Competition Among Domestic and Multinational Players"", which provides in-depth analysis of the key therapeutic indications of oncology, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL), with forecasts until 2018. It also looks at treatment usage patterns and includes insights into the oncology R&D pipeline.
The Indian oncology therapeutics market for breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer and NHL was estimated to be worth $153.3m in 2011, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.7% from 2004. It is expected to reach $238.8m in 2018 at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2011. The slower growth in the forecast period is mainly due to the reduction in the price of leading marketed products for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer and NHL after all 348 drugs on the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) are brought under price control regulations.
The limitations of the current market are unclear patent laws, restrictive pricing and reimbursement policies, ailing infrastructure, and insufficient government aid. Low patient affordability is also a major restraint, and one that reimbursement and insurance policies must address if the market is to develop in the future.
- The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis, competitive landscape and key M&A trends in the breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and NHL markets.
- Data and analysis for the oncology therapeutics market in India
- Annualized market data for the oncology therapeutics market in India from 2004 to 2011, with forecasts to 2018
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market
- The competitive landscape of the oncology therapeutics market in India
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that have taken place in the Indian oncology therapeutics market
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Natco Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lxh575/oncology
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets