CAMBRIDGE, England, July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Eating one grapefruit every day for as little as two weeks can noticeably improve appearance and overall vitality, according to a new trial carried out in the UK.
As reported in The Grocer on Saturday 9th July 2011, the study asked 65 women to rate aspects of their appearance and overall wellbeing - including skin, hair and weight, concentration and energy levels - before and after incorporating one grapefruit into their food intake each day for a fortnight. The results included:
- Increased levels of concentration: those who rated their concentration as "excellent or very good" grew from 38.4% to 80% of participants
- More energy: those who rated their energy levels as "excellent or very good" increased from just 18.4% to 67.7%
- Better skin: 81.6% noticed an improvement in their skin during the two weeks
- Better hair: 72.3% noticed an improvement in the condition of their hair
- Weight loss: 58.5% lost weight during the 2-week trial
- 70.8% felt more comfortable with their body and noticed a change to their overall appearance
- 75.4% of those who took part in the panel said they would continue to eat grapefruit either everyday or most days
Justin Chadwick, CEO of the Citrus Growers Association of Southern Africa (CGA), said: "These are exciting results and provide further good reasons for people to eat more grapefruit.
"Our study is part of the CGA's ongoing efforts to find out more about grapefruit and its consumers, and to promote the great eating quality, varieties and quality of this fruit - and return this category to positive growth in the UK market."
For more information and results from this study - and to see verbatim quotes from the people who took part in this study, please visit: http://www.sagrapfruitchallenge.com
Notes to Editors:
- Opinion Matters carried out this study, which was commissioned by the South African Citrus Growers Association (CGA)
- The trial took place between 28th April and 6th June 2011
- The grapefruit campaign focuses particularly on the natural sweetness of modern varieties of grapefruit, particularly red variety Star Ruby
Dominic Weaver, RED Communications Ltd, on +44(0)1480-465953, Email: email@example.com
Ashleigh Mackenzie, RED Communications Ltd, on +44(0)1480-465-953, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE South African Citrus Growers Association