-- OMD and PHD Win Combined Total of 16 Lions
CANNES, France, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year in a row, Omnicom Media Group (OMG) tops the list of media agency holding company winners at the annual Cannes Festival of Creativity, as its flagship agencies OMD and PHD took home more Media Lions than any other holding company group - a combined total of 16 Media Lions, including four Gold Lions for PHD (the most Gold won by any agency in the media category).
In terms of holding company performance in the category, Omnicom Media Group outperformed its closest competitor by a factor of almost 20 percent overall, and by 400 percent in Gold Lions.
PHD Tops Its Own Record
Topping its own previous best of seven lions won in 2013, PHD took home a total of nine Media Lions this year including:
- Two Gold Lions won by PHD UK for its "Lego Movie" campaign for Warner Brothers for (client/campaign)
- Two Gold Lions won by PHD India for its "Kan Khajura Tesan" campaign for Unilever
- A Silver Lion won by PHD UK for its "Why Bring A Child Into this World" campaign for Unilever
- Three Bronze Lions awarded to PHD UK, two for its "Travel Your Tweet Interesting" campaign for Expedia and one for its "Why Bring A Child Into This World" campaign for Unilever
- A Bronze Lion awarded to PHD Australia for its ANZ Gaytms campaign
Adding to this outstanding showing, PHD UK also scored the Promotion & Activation Grand Prix for its "Sorry I Spent It On Myself campaign" for Harvey Nichols; as well as two Creative Effectiveness Lions for its work on the "Dove Real Beauty Sketches" and Expedia "Travel Your Tweet Interesting" campaigns.
OMD WINS SPAN GLOBE AND CATEGORIES
OMD's seven Media Lions included a broad spectrum of client categories and geographies including:
- Two Silver Lions won by both OMD Guatemala for its "18th Zone Embassy" campaign for Frito-Lay
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Australia for its "I See Fries" campaign for McDonald's Australia
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Colombia for its "Radiometries" campaign for Exito Group
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD New Zealand for its "Animal Strike" campaign for Paws Justice
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Spain for its "Pass the Ball" campaign for Vodafone
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD US for its "The Book That Made Me" campaign for Waterstones
"Once again, Omnicom Media Group's front-runner showing at Cannes demonstrates that relentless focus on excellence, innovation and talent always achieves results," says Daryl Simm, CEO of Omnicom Media Group Worldwide, "not only in terms of industry recognition, but most importantly, in driving business growth for our clients."
About Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group (OMG) is the media services division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company, providing services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Omnicom Media Group includes the full service media networks OMD and PHD; digital, data and analytics platform Annalect Group; and a number of specialty media communications companies.
SOURCE Omnicom Media Group