- 2013 Honors Mark Third Consecutive Year that Omnicom Media Group's Cornerstone Agency Has Won Most Media Awards at Cannes Festival
CANNES, France, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its three year winning streak, OMD Worldwide captured a total of 10 Media Lions at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, and also saw OMD Australia take home the Media Agency of the Year title, making the Omnicom Media Group agency the most medaled media network at the 2013 Festival.
OMD Australia took two Gold Lions for its "McDonald's Becomes Macca's" and "Track My Macca's" campaigns for McDonald's Restaurants, as well as a Silver Lion for the "McDonald's Becomes Macca's" campaign. Spreading the wealth across the network, OMD agencies also took three Silver Lions and four Bronze for the following campaigns:
- A Silver Lion awarded to OMD Denmark for its McDonald's "Coinoffers Coins for Clicks" campaign
- A Silver Lion awarded to OMD Hong Kong for its "I'm Amazing" campaign for McDonald's restaurants
- A Silver Lion to OMD UK for its "Mariachi Christmas" campaign for Pepsico/Doritos
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Russia for its "A Ring to Bring Them Closer" campaign for the Ronald McDonald Foundation
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD China for its "Bring Happiness Home" campaign for Pepsico/Pepsi, Lays, Tropicana
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Wellington for its "Flash Driving Game" campaign for the New Zealand Transport Agency
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Spain for its work on the "Free WiFi" campaign for McDonald's
"As advances in technology and the new economics of marketing combine to continually raise the bar on the standards by which innovation and effectiveness are measured, this latest recognition from OMD's peers in the global media community stands as proof that our agencies are not only consistently meeting these new standards, we are consistently exceeding them," says Mainardo de Nardis, CEO of OMD Worldwide. "We're proud to accept this recognition on behalf of the many wonderfully talented people across our network who champion innovative ideas, as well as the OMD clients who encourage and motivate us to continually set the bar higher."
OMD Worldwide (www.omd.com) is a leading global media communications agency, with more than 8,000 employees across 100 countries serving the world's high-profile brands. OMD provides a range of services globally including communications strategy, media planning and buying, digital execution, content creation, entertainment marketing, sponsorship and brand analytics. OMD is recognized for its global footprint, strategic integration and creative innovation. It has been acknowledged as Most Creative Media Agency by The Gunn Report for an unprecedented seven years, Adweek Global Media Agency of the Year for 2008, 2009 and 2011; and 2002, 2005, 2009 and 2011 Media Agency of the Year by Advertising Age. OMD Worldwide is a unit of Omnicom Media Group, the media services division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC).