CHESTER, England, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
More people in the UK use their phones to text than call these days, proving that text messaging is still on the rise. Ofcom released a report today stating that there has been a clear shift away from traditional ways of staying in touch with only 47% making daily calls on their mobiles.
While this report uncovers the truth about how consumers like to send and receive information, Textlocal, the UK's leading business mobile messaging company, states that there is still work to be done to educate businesses to communicate with their audiences in this way.
Alastair Shortland CEO of Textlocal said "Our own research indicates that many businesses are aware of mobile messaging, but there are still some who are yet to tap into the full potential of how powerful it can be as a business driver. We know that, whether businesses have a mobile strategy or not, there will always be a place for opt-in bulk SMS within the marketing mix, as a personal communication tool, sales or promotion tool or simply to send alerts and updates. Texting leads the way in fast, low-cost, direct conversations with consumers."
Textlocal believe that mobile messaging is based on trust and permission. Their online system 'Messenger' enables any businesses to grow opt-in lists of customer data and intelligence and to text from PC, targeted communications directly the palms of customer's hands. This powerful blend of design, usability and technology has been commended for being cost-effective, quick and proven to deliver results.
The fact that Ofcom have reported that text is on the rise, suggests that people want to communicate on the fly. Smart businesses give the customers what they want, while Textlocal provide those businesses with the tools to reach thousands of people instantly from one central place, managing responses and opening up long-term conversations and relationships. After all, isn't texting about convenience, speed and that personal touch that no other medium offers?
Nothing left to do but try it all out for yourself. Mobile, have you clicked yet?
Find expert knowledge and insight in our suite of Inside Mobile Papers: The basics, The Insight and The Numbers.
• http://www.textlocal.com is one of the UK's most popular SMS messaging services. Helping any business to instantly communicate with customers and staff using a range of low cost- high impact SMS solutions. Go to http://www.textlocal.com right now and experience the all new Textlocal for yourself.
• Founded by Darren Daws and Alastair Shortland in 2005, Textlocal brings SMS Marketing to the UK business market; with ease of use and accessibility built into the core services
• Award winning control panel, email gateways, API interface, and plethora of features build up to one of the most advanced and easy-to-use text messaging systems on the market
• Textlocal works with over 91,000 UK businesses and employs 20 staff across two sites in Chester and Malvern. Textlocal's clients account for 25 million texts (2000 texts per second) sent every month since the beginning of 2010
• Amongst Textlocal's client base, some of their more famous clients include Google, Marie Curie, MySpace, Pizza Hut, Shell, Dominos, and Greenpeace. However the service is also used by 50,000 SME's who want to develop closer relationships with their customers too; it's all about permission marketing, keeping in contact shows that you care. SMS is the simplest way to reach people right into their hands
For more information and interviews contact Rebecca McCormick, Communications Manager at Textlocal on email@example.com or +44(0)845-009-3180