DUBLIN, June 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Obesity Drugs and Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets" report to their offering.
The global market for obesity treatments should reach over $7.8 billion by 2021 from over $4.3 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% from 2016 to 2021.
The scope of this study encompasses companies that are involved in obesity treatment and prevention of relapse into weight gain. The report analyzes each technology or therapy type, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are discussed.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for obesity drugs, therapies, and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, estimates of 2016, and projects CAGRs through 2021.
- Focus on therapies for obesity that are U.S. FDA approved or allowed through doctors' permission in the U.S., namely liposuction and bariatric surgery as well as FDA approved medications.
- Bariatric surgery, broken down into four procedures: Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable Gastric Band, and Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS).
- Information covering obesity pharmaceuticals and surgeries, outlines of various drug and surgery types, a history of the market, and challenges and obstacles as well as those hurdles that have been overcome.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- A look at the industry's structure, and the landscape of the market.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goal And Objectives
- Scope Of Report
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
Chapter 2: Executive Summary - Where Progress Was - Key Drivers - Key Challenges - Key Trends
Chapter 3: Obesity Overview And Background
Chapter 4: Market Overview And Forecast - Overall Pharma Market - Diabetes As Sales Territory - Biologics And GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Production - Biologic Landscape - Obesity Treatments Within The Pharma Landscape - Market Landscape - Deals In The Obesity Market - Brief History Of Obesity Drugs - Recent Trends And Obesity Therapy Approvals
Chapter 5: Development Pipeline Detailed
- Device Approval Process
- Benefit/Risk Model For Fda Clinical Trials
- Moving Obesity Drugs Through The Fda
- Development Pipeline
Chapter 6: Company Profiles
- Allurion Technologies
- Becton, Dickinson And Co.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Gmbh
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Circuit Therapeutics Inc.
- C.R. Bard Inc.
- Dong-A Socio Holdings
- Eli Lilly And Co.
- Emisphere Technologies Inc.
- Endosphere Inc.
- Enteromedics Inc.
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery Llc
- Gelesis Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Intrexon Corp.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Metacure Germany Gmbh
- Mid-Medical Innovation Development
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp.
- Norgine B.V.
- Novartis International Ag
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Palatin Technologies Inc.
- Satrx LLC
- Scientific Intake
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tsrgl6/obesity_drugs_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets