- World's First to Be Integrated with Network Virtualization -
TOKYO, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) announced on June 11 the world's first globally seamless enterprise cloud service to incorporate OpenFlow network virtualization technology for networks built within and between data centers, which will launch on June 29. The service is initially provided via NTT Com data centers in Japan and Hong Kong, followed by data centers in the United States (two locations), the United Kingdom and Singapore in December and in Australia, Malaysia and Thailand in March 2013.
NTT Com's new infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering, Enterprise Cloud, provides global cloud resources that enterprise customers can easily control and manage to optimize their ICT costs and support the global expansion of corporate operations.
Many multinational enterprises with growing global operations are struggling with long lead times to expand and modify their ICT systems, which can delay their response to rapid changes in the market. NTT Com helps enterprises overcome this problem by providing them with flexible cloud services via which system changes can be performed automatically using virtualized servers and networks, and a convenient customer portal.
Primary features of the new Enterprise Cloud service include the following:
- Free-of-charge broadband connection from this service directly to the Arcstar Universal One cloud-based enterprise network in NTT Com data centers.
- Easy, cost effective, on-demand backup via other data centers worldwide using NTT Com's global and secure broadband virtualized networks, ensuring cloud-based business continuity. Various functions integrated with virtualized networks will be enhanced going forward.
- ICT system optimization by allowing customers to perform precise, small-increment control of server resources, such as CPU, memory and disk, and network resources, such as virtual firewall, virtual load balancer and virtualized networks. ICT costs can be trimmed on a pay-as-you-go basis down to the per-minute level.
- An online portal enables customers to improve overall system management by monitoring usage of ICT resources, including virtual servers and networks, and changing settings on a real-time basis.
- The service will be launched at nine data centers in eight countries by March 2013. Each data center is connected with NTT Com's global network and integrated with network virtualization technology, enabling customers to use NTT Com's global infrastructure as their own ICT systems.
- Highly reliable cloud environments, enabling SLAs with guaranteed availability at up to 99.99% for service resources. Adaptable to complex system configurations that incorporate physical servers and specialized and/or dedicated equipment of the customer. Optional outsourcing is available for OS management and other needs.
- Managed security services for both cloud-based and on-premise environments are provided for total security management matched to each customer's specific ICT environment.
- One-stop support is provided for high-quality, stress-free migration to cloud-based operations, including consulting on related systems, based on NTT Com's extensive knowledge of and experience with cloud service development.
For details about services and fee structures, please visit www.ntt.com/bhec_e.
NTT Com, under its Global Cloud Vision announced in October 2011, is leveraging strengths as a telecom operator to provide total ICT outsourcing services, from networks and data centers to applications, all on a seamless, end-to-end, one-stop basis, to meet customer needs for cloud-based ICT systems.
About NTT Communications Corporation
Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html
SOURCE NTT Communications Corp.