LONDON, NEW YORK and BORDEAUX, France, February 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- After reaching more than 200,000 users in Europe, iPhone and Android app "News Republic" enters the global market with its TagNav(c) news tracking system, which learns your particular news preferences and displays the stories most relevant and of interest to you first.
What is news? From late breaking updates on the troubles in Egypt to the latest tech gadgets from Macworld, the definition of important news is like that of beauty - it's in the eye of the beholder. With tens of thousands of news stories every day from thousands of sources, sorting through the noise to find news that is of personal interest to you the reader has always been a tedious task - until now.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/mobilesrepublic/48483/
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110207/MM41776 )
The smart reader "News Republic" is already the best-rated news app on Android and iPhone in Europe, and is now available worldwide, covering all the hottest topics in the UK and the US. It is taking best advantage of the proprietary TagNav(c) news sorting system that can create a personalized stream of news tailored to the preferences of the individual reader.
Mobiles Republic CEO, Gilles Raymond, commented, "In a world of information overload people want to receive timely and accurate information on subjects that specifically interest them. News Republic does all of that and addresses the natural need for users to have full and complete access to information on the subjects they really like, instantly."
With the TagNav(c) system, you can delve deeper into the stories that are most important to you by selecting highlighted keywords (e.g. "Barack Obama," "Los Angeles," or even "Charlie Sheen") to pull up a bevy of targeted articles related to that keyword. Over time, News Republic learns what news you read the most and will display the top articles based on your distinct tastes.
Overall, News Republic aims to be the premiere news app for the smart and savvy reader because it portrays the international, "big picture" perspective of a story through its numerous, high quality sources, including the Associated Press, Reuters, and Agence France-Presse, and much more.
News Republic At-A-Glance
- Fresh, global content: updates from the most respected newswires worldwide provide 1'000s of daily top stories in US News, International, Business, Sports, Technology, Entertainment and more.
- Your personalized news channel: endless customization options with your myNews channel as you pick the topics, people, or events that you want to read about.
- Surf the news: the TagNav(c) system allows you to explore specific topics related to news stories you've read and add them to your own myNews channel.
- News Encyclopaedia: whatever the topic, you also have the option to go deeper and search and discover more. With over 30,000 topics covered, you can search and reference related articles and themes across the entire web to discover more on any topic you choose in an instant.
Pricing and Availability
News Republic is free and available worldwide through the iTunes App Store, Android Market and independent stores (GetJar, Appbrain, Androlib ...) in the News section.
About Mobiles Republic
Mobiles Republic is an innovative provider of turnkey mobile media solutions and applications for both feature phones and smartphones.
Mobiles Republic empowers content publishers, device manufacturers and mobile operators. In just a few months, the company has managed to sign strategic deals with media companies such as Lagardere / Hachette Filipacchi (Elle, Virgin Radio, Premiere, etc.), Amaury Group, Gameloft, and several news agencies including AP, AFP, Reuters and PR Newswire. In addition Mobiles Republic applications are now preloaded on Samsung Mobile, LG and Sony Ericsson handsets in several regions.
NEWS REPUBLIC(TM), an innovative application available on Smartphones in the USA, the UK and France is already used by over 200,000 people to catch up with breaking news.
Mobiles Republic has developed TagNav(c), a semantic search and semantic targeting solution that powers its NEWS REPUBLIC(TM) application.
The company's award-winning APPY(TM) meta-applications deliver a unique user experience optimised for over 140 feature phone models.
SOURCE Mobiles Republic