MADRID, July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
An exceptional line-up of speakers is shaping up for the key event in Madrid
The Forum, organised by Dircom, the Spanish association of communication directors, and the Global Alliance, has confirmed Ángel Alloza, CEO of the Corporate Excellence - Centre for Reputation Leadership; Angela Barter, sustainable communication strategist with more than 15 years' experience working in the public relations industry in South Africa; Cees Van Riel Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of the Reputation Institute and Professor of Corporate Communications at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University of Rotterdam; Trevor Ncube, owner of the Mail & Guardian newspapers in South Africa and Chairman of Alpha Media Holdings in Zimbabwe; and Martina Larkin, Senior Director of Global Agenda Councils at the World Economic Forum.
At the 8th World Public Relations Forum hundreds of delegates from across the world will gather to discuss the future of public relations and communications. The event will be hosted at the convention centre "El Palacio Municipal de Congresos" in Madrid.
The Forum will focus on four key topics: deconstructing communication, transforming communication, leading through communication and taking action through communication with conscience.
Confirmed speakers for the 2014 World Public Relations Forum include:
- Alejandra Brandolini, President at AB Comunicaciones
- Ángel Alloza, CEO Corporate Excellence - Centre for Reputation Leadership
- Angela Barter, sustainable communication strategist
- Antonio Núñez López, PR strategist in corporate storytelling
- Cees Van Riel, Co-founder and Vice Chairman of the Reputation Institute
- David Rockland, Partner / Managing Director at Ketchum Change and Global Research
- Jerry Swerling, Director of Strategic Communications and Public Relations, University of Southern California
- Juan Antonio Muñoz-Gallego, Chief Business Officer at Stelapps
- Marisa Toro, Google Communications and Public Affairs Director for Southern Europe
- Martina Larkin, Executive Director and Coordinator of the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Councils
- Núria Vilanova, President of the Inforpress Group
- Paul Druckman, CEO of the International Integrated Reporting Council
- Paul Holmes, CEO of The Holmes Group
- Sarah Nolleth, Director of The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project
- Sinan Cem Sahin, Corporate Communication Director at TTnet
- Trevor Ncube, Executive Deputy Chairman, Mail & Guardian Media Group
- Stephen Waddington, President of CIPR
About World Public Relations Forum
The World Public Relations Forum, the Global Alliance's signature program, is the biennial assembly of public relations and communication professionals from around the world gathering to examine major issues affecting the profession and affected by the profession. The World Public Relations Forum has become a unique opportunity to gather professionals with academics and students from across the world, to produce important outcomes for the advancement of the profession and share best practices. The 7th World Public Relations Forum was held on November 18-20, 2012 in Melbourne, Australia. The event was hosted by the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and saw the participation of more than 800 delegates from 30 countries. The 8th World Public Relations Forum will be held on September 21-23, 2014 in Madrid, Spain, hosted by Dircom, the Spanish association of communication directors.
About the Global Alliance
The Global Alliance for PR and Communication Management (http://www.globalalliancepr.org) is the confederation of the world's major public relations and communication management associations and institutions, representing 160,000 practitioners and academics around the world. The Global Alliance's mission is to unify the public relations profession, raise professional standards all over the world, share knowledge for the benefit of its members and be the global voice for public relations in the public interest. The GA is the convener of the World Public Relations Forum, to be held next in Madrid, Spain, in September 2014.
Dircom, the Spanish Communication Directors Association, is a professional organisation that groups the communications directors of the main companies and most important institutions in Spain, as well as the top people in charge of communication consultancies. Dircom was created in 1992 to advance the professionalism of the communication leadership function, motivated by the increasing importance of these responsibilities in companies and society.
María Urreiztieta, Communication Manager, Dircom
Elisa Noli, PR and Communication Manager, Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management
SOURCE Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management