SINGAPORE, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- New Silkroutes Group Limited ("NSG" or "the Group") has formed a joint venture with the owners of London-based consulting firm Rubeus Limited ("Rubeus") to provide bespoke solutions for risk and security-related matters in Asia, adding to its portfolio of businesses following its exit from the SGX Watchlist in November 2014.
Incorporated in September 2011, Rubeus offers risk management solutions to corporations, government agencies and ultra-high-net-worth families globally. Its scope of work includes providing insights into entering emerging or frontier markets, monitoring on-site conditions throughout the life cycle of an investment and the operational management of projects, as well as offering crisis management services and advice on the security of critical national infrastructure. Its clients include oil, gas and mining companies, private banks, hedge funds, maritime firms, the media, as well as family offices.
Rubeus was founded by Mr John Davidson and his partner, Dr Jessica Lincoln. Mr Davidson is a former British Special Forces soldier with over 25 years of experience in high-intensity crisis situations. He has worked with governments to develop training programmes to enhance security, and has been involved in ending the operations of certain groups in armed conflicts.
Dr Lincoln is an expert in open-source intelligence and a former member of staff at the Department of War Studies in King's College London and the Defence Studies Department at the UK's Joint Services Command and Staff College. She and Mr Davidson are supported by a team of experts in fields such as technology and research.
The Singapore-based joint venture, Rubeus Silk Pte Ltd ("Rubeus Silk"), is 51% owned by NSG. Mr Davidson and Dr Lincoln own the remaining 49%. The new partnership will seek to expand across Asia and develop local expertise in each of the markets it sets foot in.
"Rubeus exists to protect people and assets. In Asia, we believe our services will be useful in helping companies, ultra-high-net-worth families and their businesses better manage and safeguard their resources and investments," said Mr Davidson.
Dr Goh Jin Hian, Group Chief Executive Officer of NSG, said: "Rubeus Silk is the latest addition to NSG's security and governance business, which has so far centred on big data analytics and enterprise software solutions. The joint venture will not only widen the scope of this business but also complement NSG's other divisions."
"For example, as our oil and gas business grows, we eventually want to get involved in activities beyond trading. These could include managing and owning oil storage facilities in Asia and Europe. Rubeus' experience in evaluating energy assets, particularly in frontier markets, will be invaluable."
NSG currently gets most of its revenue from oil and gas trading. It also has a joint venture with the government of Malta to develop the Southern European island into an energy trading hub between Europe and Asia.
Digiland Pte Ltd, the Group's wholly owned technology arm, provides consultancy services and solutions in data analytics, cloud-based e-government services, and IT infrastructure for the management of public housing, real estate and facilities.
About New Silkroutes Group Limited
New Silkroutes Group (Bloomberg: NSG SP) is a Singapore-incorporated company (established on 25 Jan 1994) listed on the Mainboard of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Ltd (SGX). It is evolving into an investment holding company with core competencies in Capabilities Enablement, Capital Allocation and (Policy) Analysis. The group, through its subsidiaries and associate companies, has exposure to key sector verticals, including Energy/Resources, Healthcare and Infocomm Technology with a focus on Security & Governance.
New Silkroutes Group Limited
Frankie Ho -- firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE New Silkroutes Group Limited