KNUTSFORD, England, January 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- With Photo
A new 'Enable Me®' Centre has been opened by Nottingham Rehab Supplies (NRS) in South Wigston, Leicester.
The innovative new Centre provides opportunities for older people, disabled adults and children and their carers to view and try out a wide range of daily living aids, mobility aids and home adaptation equipment before they buy.
Anyone can go along to the Centre to try or see a demonstration of the various products offered. In addition the Centre includes an Information & Advisory Suite and offers a free online self assessment using the NRS website.
The centre is manned by Julie Elliott, a specially trained Trusted Assessor & Advisor at the Leicester Centre "We're always on hand to advise individuals or professionals such as Physiotherapists or Occupational Therapists," says Julie. "It's important that people make the right choice to match the available products with their own specific needs. Just as important, we help everyone make the best financial choices too."
This unique Leicester outlet is the fourth 'Enable Me®' Centre to be opened in the country and forms part of the Leicester City, Leicestershire & Rutland Community Equipment Service which is managed by NRS in partnership with Leicester City Council, Leicestershire County Council and NHS Leicester City, Leicester County and Rutland.
Facilities include a demonstration area, self assessment and information suite, combined with an on-site retail shop that stocks a wide selection of daily living and mobility aids, together with mail order or online facilities for additional items. In total over 2,500 products are available for home delivery and where required, installation.
Larger pieces including home adaptation equipment are available for home installation including stair lifts, disabled access kitchens, rise and recline chairs. Another product which can be demonstrated at the Centre is a 'through-floor' hydraulic wheelchair lift.
The Harmony 'through-floor' lift gives wheelchair and disabled users easy access to upstairs bedrooms and other first-floor facilities. For many people, this means there is no need to move house (to a bungalow or ground-floor flat for instance), and their independence is greatly enhanced.
The stylish and easy-to-operate Harmony Lift is manufactured by Terry Lifts and is one of a large range of domestic wheelchair lifts available.
A recent re-design of Harmony Lift gives users wider and longer options to accommodate virtually every size of wheelchair. For example, the Longer Wider model is the only lift available in the UK that will accommodate all category A & B wheelchairs. All major features which have made the Harmony through-floor wheelchair lift so popular have been retained.
Opening Hours of the 'Enable Me' Centre are
9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- Harmony 'through-floor' wheelchair lifts can be installed easily and quickly - usually within two days. They maximise the space in customers' homes with minimal disruption.
- A state-of-the-art hydraulic drive system delivers smooth and quiet operation, whilst the built-in safety system guards against free-fall of the lift itself.
- The 'Standard' Harmony car is the largest standard model available on the UK market.
- Fire certification, whether the lift is in the down or upstairs position, provides peace of mind in the event of a house fire.
- Cheshire-based Terry Group Ltd has enjoyed constant growth since it was established in 1948 by Eric Terry. The company is still privately owned.
- Terry Group specialises in the design and manufacture of domestic wheelchair lifts, step lifts and public access platform lifts.
- The comprehensive range of Terry Group products meets the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act and complies with Part 'M' of UK Building Regulations.
A picture accompanying this release is available through the PA Photowire. It can be downloaded from http://www.pa-mediapoint.press.net or viewed at http://www.mediapoint.press.net or http://www.prnewswire.co.uk.
For more information on NRS or to arrange free self assessment, please contact:
Nottingham Rehab Supplies,
Units K, L & M
Wilson Road, South Wigston
Leicester LE18 4TP
To find out more about Terry Group products and services, visit: http://www.terrylifts.co.uk
For more information about Terry Lifts, contact:
Terry Group Ltd.,
Longridge Trading Estate, Knutsford,
Cheshire WA16 8PR
(Editorial enquiries: Mike Beeson, Buzzwords Ltd.,
Tel +44(0)1565-654023 e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Terry Lifts