Cross-Cloud Data Migration Tools Eliminate Lock-In; Information Lifecycle Management Tools Further Optimize Cloud Storage Costs; Identity Management Integrations Enable Simple, Secure User Authentication
NEW YORK and PETACH TIKVAH, Israel, July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CTERA Networks today introduced new cloud data management capabilities that allow enterprise organizations to easily and securely implement comprehensive file service and data protection strategies. The enhancements to the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform enable IT organizations to migrate data across any data center and cloud infrastructure, optimize storage infrastructure costs through intelligent file management, and simplify user access to enterprise data through new identity management integrations.
The CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform enables enterprise IT to protect data and manage files across endpoints, offices, and the cloud – all within the organization's on-premises or virtual on-premises cloud storage. The platform is powered by CTERA's cloud service delivery middleware that IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) organizations leverage to create, deliver, and manage cloud storage-based services such as enterprise file sync and share (EFSS), in-cloud data protection, endpoint and remote server backup, and office storage modernization.
New enhancements to the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform include:
- Cloud Data Storage Migration: Organizations can now migrate data across cloud storage infrastructure without experiencing system downtime or end user service interruption. By seamlessly migrating data across storage nodes of any type or location, the CTERA Platform enables applications and data to easily and securely flow from one data center to any other data center, helping organizations to avoid vendor and/or platform lock-in, and embrace cloud strategies with confidence.
- Information Lifecycle Management: The CTERA Platform leverages information lifecycle management tools from Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and NetApp StorageGRID to intelligently place files in cloud storage tiers according to their application profile. Long-term archive and backup data can be directed to low cost storage tiers, such as Amazon Web Services's (AWS) Amazon S3-Standard Infrequent Access tier (Standard – IA), while interactive data (EFSS content) can be stored on storage tiers that offer cost-optimized ingress and egress, helping to reduce customers' overall cloud infrastructure investments by 10 to 20 percent.
- SAML 2.0 and Support for Leading Single Sign-On (SSO) Utilities: CTERA now supports identity federation over Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 to enable IT organizations to centralize corporate user identity management and provide SSO capabilities for file and backup access. In conjunction with support for this new standard, CTERA has now certified compatibility with leading SSO offerings, including Microsoft ADFS 2.0, Okta, OneLogin, and Ping Identity.
"As customers increasingly migrate their businesses to AWS, they realize the full value of our infrastructure as they reduce operational costs, scale their systems quickly and optimize for their strategic initiatives," said Bill Vass, Vice President of Technology, Amazon Web Services, Inc. "We're working with companies like CTERA to help IT organizations on their journey to secure cloud file services delivery and to intelligently utilize and optimize AWS engineering that enables the greatest levels of application performance and value."
"Organizations with the ability to leverage the right clouds for the right jobs are going to deliver significant business gains as they embrace new models of IT consumption," said Jeff Denworth, SVP Marketing, CTERA. "CTERA's IT-as-a-Service platform addresses multiple enterprise use cases with a single platform designed to help IT organizations become more efficient and enterprise end users become more productive."
- Blog Post: Platform Updates for the Multi-Cloud Era
- CTERA Service Orchestration Update: A comprehensive listing of all new features
- CTERA Free Trial for 60 Days
CTERA enables enterprise IT to provide secure file services from any cloud. Trusted by the Fortune 100 and leading service providers, the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform is a private cloud IT-as-a-Service platform for storing, syncing, sharing, protecting and governing data across endpoints, remote offices and servers. To learn more, visit www.ctera.com.
SOURCE CTERA Networks