CARDIFF, Wales, October 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
NetComm Wireless Limited (ASX: NTC) today announced the signing of its first supply agreement with Westbase Technology Limited, a specialist distributor of wireless technologies for commercial and industrial applications, for the delivery of 3G and 4G wireless broadband devices and machine-to-machine (M2M) products to telecommunications carriers, value added resellers and business customers in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe.
With this strategic distribution agreement in place, the NetComm Wireless 4G WiFi Router (4G100W) is set to become one of the first 4G devices to enter the UK market following the recent decision by Ofcom, the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industry, to approve an application by Everything Everywhere, the corporation behind T-Mobile and Orange, to use its existing 1800MHz spectrum for 4G services from the 11th September, 2012.
As part of the agreement, Westbase Technology will also supply a range of NetComm Wireless' M2M products to vertical markets throughout the UK and Europe to provide applications in areas such as energy, transport, banking and retail with remote monitoring, control and maintenance capabilities.
Sacha Kakad, Managing Director, Westbase Technology said, "This is an extremely exciting time for the UK, both in terms of 4G broadband and M2M communications, and we look forward to working with NetComm Wireless to deliver technologies that will optimise wireless communications in each of these areas."
Brett Stevens, Chief Technical Officer, NetComm Wireless said, "We are pleased to have entered into a partnership that furthers our strategic global growth initiatives as the UK gains access to 4G LTE broadband. Our timely agreement with Westbase Technology enables immediate access to the superior capabilities of 4G while also providing industrial and commercial entities across the UK and Europe with the very latest M2M technology."
There are currently 89 commercial 4G LTE networks in 45 countries; and 280 firm operator commitments to launch 4G LTE networks in 90 countries (GSA. Global LTE commitments to July, 2012).
Notes to Editor
About Westbase Technology
- Westbase Technology is a leading European distributor of specialist communication products for use in machine to machine (M2M) networks, device networking and wireless broadband.
- Westbase's portfolio of products from industry leading vendors are field proven, enabling customers to deploy secure and robust wireless networks for industrial, commercial and consumer applications.
- Embracing connectivity over fixed-line, wireless, 3G and 4G technologies, customers benefit from reliable network communication with devices and assets, even in the most remote, hazardous or broadband not-spot locations.
- For 25 years businesses across Europe have trusted the highly experienced team at Westbase to deliver their connectivity enabling solutions, with customers from all sectors of industry including: energy; healthcare; security; transport; banking; retail and government. For more information about Westbase visit: http://www.westbaseuk.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
About NetComm Wireless
- NetComm Wireless Limited (ASX: NTC) is a leading developer of innovative broadband products sold globally to major telecommunications carriers, core network providers and system integrators.
- For 30 years NetComm has developed a portfolio of world first data communication products, and is a respected global provider of 3G and 4G wireless devices servicing the major telecommunications carrier, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Rural Broadband markets.
- NetComm's products are designed to meet the growing needs of today's data-intensive home, business and industrial broadband applications and customised to optimise performance in line with global network advancements.
- Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, NetComm has offices in New Zealand, North America and the Middle East. For more information about NetComm visit: http://www.netcommwireless.com.
Enquiries to: Kevin Dooley, Westbase Technology Marketing Manager
Phone +44(0)1291-430-567 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries to: Stephanie Wilson, NetComm Wireless Communications Manager Phone: +61-2-9424-2045 or email: email@example.com
SOURCE NetComm Wireless and Westbase Technology