HONG KONG, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Neonlite Electronic & Lighting (HK) Limited, the owner of renowned energy-efficient lighting brand, MEGAMAN® today launched its second Sustainability Report.
The latest report highlights the progress that has been made by the Company over the period in making Sustainability central to all of its business activities and outlines Neonlite's plans to solve global challenges with Sustainability at the heart of its business model.
Neonlite's commitment to sustainability and the environment has long been an integral part of the Company's business focus. This latest report demonstrates how the embedding of sustainable principles into Neonlite's economic, environmental and social activities has resulted in several business improvements and successes, including:
- The establishment of a Sustainability Policy, which has been communicated effectively as a common framework for Sustainability throughout Neonlite. A committee, set up in 2011, provides a governing platform for all corporate sustainability activities, investing in long-term planning and strategies.
- Over 490 patents and design registrations have been granted for Neonlite's inventions and product designs up to December 2012. In 2011 and 2012 alone, the Company has had over 90 new patents and design registrations granted.
- Technological breakthroughs in LED lamp efficacy have seen the production of a conceptual LED lamp reaching 95 lm/W and LED modules reaching 125 lm/W.
- The number of work accidents have reduced by 44% during the reporting period
- Neonlite's Hong Kong office has been named the Champion of "Power Smart 2012", an energy saving contest organized by Friends of the Earth.
- Corporate giving supporting education, charity and the community has reached over US$510,000.
"We are proud of Neonlite's innovative green technology in LED lighting, it differentiates us in an extremely competitive market, as well as raising the profile of the MEGAMAN® brand to a whole new international audience. Sustainability will remain at the heart of the way we do business," said Mr. Foo Onn Fah, the Chairman.
Mr. Lee Wing Tak, CEO added, "This report recognises our achievements in embedding Sustainability across the business, and also inspires us to continue our quest for perfection. At Neonlite we are committed to conducting our operations with integrity and with respect for the interests of our stakeholders."
Neonlite's Sustainability Report 2011-2012 is aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3.1 guidelines. The report can be viewed and downloaded at www.megaman.cc/sustainability-report. We value your comments and would like to hear from you via the online feedback form.
Neonlite Electronic & Lighting (HK) Limited, the brand owner of MEGAMAN®, is a global leader in the design, innovation and distribution of eco-friendly, energy efficient LED and CFL lighting products. The company has its own state-of-the-art manufacturing plants, an extensive network of concept stores, and wide distribution of its MEGAMAN® products in over 90 countries throughout the world.
For more information about Neonlite and MEGAMAN®, please visit the website at www.megaman.cc.
SOURCE Neonlite Electronic & Lighting (HK) Limited