LONDON, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
In a new interview with ITN Productions presented by Natasha Kaplinsky, General Secretary of NAHT Russell Hobby and newly appointed Chief Executive of NAHT Edge Louis Coiffait discuss the new associate form of membership for middle leaders within schools.
Interviewed by Helen Wright, Russell Hobby explains that members of the NAHT see their duty to mentor and support the next generation of leaders in a potentially difficult education climate. Many potential members are already part of NAHT, or have been eligible in the past, but the creation of a new organisation enables NAHT to focus more on the needs of aspiring leaders rather than those more established in their careers.
Louis Coiffait continues to explain the practical implementations of the NAHT Edge initiative and how they are going to tackle particular needs through development and training to strengthen the bond between middle and senior leaders within schools.
Russell and Louis outline how teaching comes with its share of joys and difficulties. Middle leaders are not always well understood, but the NAHT is familiar with the pressures faced by middle leaders when moving into a senior positions.
View the video interview here and learn about the importance of launching NAHT Edge at this year's annual conference in May 2014: http://bit.ly/1hwOlir
To see the full programme, more ITN interviews from NAHT's annual conference and specialised content from industry professionals and experts within the education sector, please visit ITN Productions' Education News or follow the reports from leaders in the field below:
- NAHT President Gail Larkin discusses the balance of standards between teachers and students and Bernadette Hunter, outgoing president of the NAHT gives the incoming president Gail Larkin her tips of the role.
- Shadow Education Secretary Tristram Hunt shares his ideas on education.
- 3P Learning providing teachers with innovative and engaging resources.
- Advance Learning has developed a real-time accurate accessible dashboard for teachers and parents.
- Capita Sims is providing the data to improve schools effectiveness and learning initiatives.
- CEM, a not-for-profit research group at Durham University is devoted to assessing and monitoring.
- Frog aims to make learning personal for every student and help teachers meet curriculum standards.
- Judicium Education is providing everything from legal advice to day-to-day services such as payroll.
- LEGO® Education is encouraging children's imaginations to help improve results by building them.
- RM Education's digital ebooks for schools are proving to be a huge hit.
- Samsung firmly believes the future of education rests on adapting teaching alongside technology.
- Russell Hobby addresses key topics within education such as the new curriculum and more.
- NAHT VP, Tony Draper discusses the primary futures programme with Chair of Secondary Rob Campbell.
About Education News: Education News is the latest industry-specific channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the NAHT: NAHT is an independent trade union and professional association representing over 28,500 members in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Members hold leadership positions in early years; primary; special and secondary schools; independent schools; sixth form and FE colleges; outdoor education centres; pupil referral units, social services establishments and other educational settings. To become a member of the NAHT Edge association please visit: http://www.naht.org.uk/welcome/join-now/nahtedge/ .
To learn more about the programme productions and/or enquire about NAHT please get in touch:
Education News enquiries:
Head of Industry News
For media enquiries about the NAHT conference please contact:
SOURCE ITN Productions