CHESTER, England, January 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Does your fully comprehensive car insurance cover all your motoring needs?
- Check policy wording for exclusions, warns MoneySupermarket.com
British motorists need to be aware of exactly what their "fully comprehensive" car insurance policy covers them for, and shop around for the best value deal to suit their needs, says MoneySupermarket.
Britain's number one comparison site analysed a sample of comprehensive car insurance policies and found cover levels can vary significantly. It found that the more expensive policies do not always provide the most comprehensive offering. For example, some policies may not include cover for medical treatment, emergency accommodation, or car replacement. Other exclusions can be added to the cover at a cost. For example, the majority of policies exclude legal cover but it can be added for around £25-£30.
Pete Harrison, car insurance expert at MoneySupermarket, said: "As our research shows, exclusions and caveats can be commonplace in fully comprehensive car insurance policies, and it is vital motorists scour the small print with a fine tooth-comb, to ensure their policy has the level of cover they need to avoid getting caught out.
"For those drivers looking to take out a new car insurance policy and seeking peace of mind, checking the small print is essential to ensure they opt for a policy that ticks all the necessary boxes. It is essential to consider the extra costs involved too, as you may end up paying more for additions such as legal cover, meaning that while a policy may seem like the cheapest option at a glance, once you have bolted on any cover additions, it may end up being more expensive than alternatives."
Notes to editors:
Fully comprehensive car insurance policies
Provider Policy Includes Hastings Direct Insure.co.uk Renew The AA Endsleigh Premium Choice Insurance GBP336.16 GBP336.23 GBP343.05 GBP351.43 GBP353.81 GBP354.92 Medical Treatment Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No Personal Accident Yes GBP24.99 GBP24.99 Yes GBP16.99 Yes Personal Belongings Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Windscreen Cover Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Courtesy Car Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Audio Equipment Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Emergency Accommodation No Yes No Yes No No New Car Replacement No Yes Yes Yes Yes No European Use Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Legal Cover GBP26.99 GBP26.99 GBP26.99 GBP24.99 GBP27.99 GBP30.00 Breakdown from from from Yes from from GBP34.99 GBP34.99 GBP34.99 GBP35.99 GBP39.99
40 year old male (Teacher) driving a 2006 Ford Focus, Living in ME15
10,000 miles a year with 5 years NCD, car parked on Driveway
Sourced by http://www.moneysupermarket.com 06.01.2012
MoneySupermarket.com's customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you NoNo
- The price you see is the price you pay - you don't need to go direct and you won't get a better deal doing so.
- Your details are safe with us and we won't sell them to anybody
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 22nd December 2011)
- 86 car insurance providers and 78 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 30 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 25 credit card providers
- 70 savings providers and 36 current account providers.
- Over 1,000,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don't add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You'll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information andNohelp from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors, customer services agents.
For further information, please contact: