CHESTER, England, January 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- MoneySupermarket.com first to launch a pre-existing medical conditions travel insurance comparison channel
- Compare prices across a range of specialist providers
Britain's number one comparison site MoneySupermarket.com has launched its new travel insurance channel for people with pre-existing medical conditions, making the task of buying insurance easier for the 1 in 5 people who require cover of this type.
Customers can now get quotes from nine specialist insurers, quickly and easily, including quotes from market leaders. The new comparison site is the first in the market, allowing customers to compare travel insurance policies for pre-existing medical conditions across a range of providers, only having to input their details once. Over the coming months, more insurers will be added, making it the only comprehensive pre-existing medical conditions travel insurance service.
Analysis from MoneySupermarket.com shows that pre-existing travel insurance premiums range significantly depending on the condition and the age of the individual. For example, a 45 year old female with asthma taking a 7 day break to Europe could pay just £12.70 on a policy which covers the condition. A couple in their fifties with one partner suffering from a major heart condition could pay as little as £68.16 for 7 days in Cyprus, but would be covered for every eventuality where a standard travel insurance policy would not cover the condition
James Clarke, travel insurance expert at moneysupermarket.com said; "Previously, customers needing a travel insurance policy for a pre-existing medical condition would have had to approach individual providers with the relevant details and medical information, one by one, in order to obtain the best deal. With the launch of the new site, customers will find a range of comprehensive travel insurance deals all in once place, and will only need to enter their details once in order to find the best quote.
"Approximately one in five people need a travel insurance policy which covers them for a pre-existing medical condition, although many will travel on a standard travel insurance policy as they consider their condition too minor to disclose. Pre-existing travel insurance is not just for travellers who have suffered serious medical problems such as cancer or heart attacks. Insurers will classify conditions such as mild asthma or high blood pressure in this category and travellers need to purchase adequate insurance if they, or anyone in their party, suffer from a pre-existing condition. As a result, we have worked hard with both our customers and insurance companies to develop a site that is quick and easy to use, displays the policy information in the clearest way possible, and allows customers to make a comprehensive comparison. Ultimately, consumers are able to find a great deal which suits their requirements.
"Anyone with a pre-existing condition, no matter how minor, needs to make sure they purchase a policy which is suitable for their needs, and covers them in the event of needing to make a claim. Although pre-existing cover will be more expensive, it is worth paying the extra premium. The cost of being declined on a travel insurance claim where you haven't declared a pre-existing condition could be great. For example, if you were to have a car accident abroad and haven't declared a pre-existing condition, you may be liable for medical bills and repatriation costs which could potentially run into tens of thousands of pounds."
Examples of Pre-Existing Pricing (Single Trip policy)
Cheapest Price Quoted Individual - 55 - Belgium - 7 days 1 Asthma GBP12.70 Couple - 45 & 48 - Australia 14 days 2 Minor Heart Condition GBP63.81 Family - 45, 48, 7, 3 - USA 14 days 3 High Blood Pressure GBP55.59 Individual - 68 - Spain - 7 days 4 Lung Cancer 5 years ago GBP44.36 Couple - 62 & 56 - Cyprus 7 days 5 Angina GBP68.16
The pre-existing medical conditions travel insurance comparison service from moneysupermarket.com can be found at http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/pre-existing-medical-conditions/
MoneySupermarket.com's customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay - you don't need to go direct and you won't get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won't sell them to anybody
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 22nd December 2011)
- 86 car insurance providers and 78 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 30 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 25 credit card providers
- 70 savings providers and 36 current account providers.
- Over 1,000,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don't add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You'll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors, customer services agents.