LONDON, August 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Disruptive technology companies from 169 cities and 51 countries fighting for £1 million investment and a unique business support package
- Most number of entries come from companies specialising in hi tech mobile applications, computer networking and Internet software
- Competition brings unique business support package to help the winner with "growth accelerating" business support encompassing tax and legal advice, office and marketing support
The £1 million pound competition for any start-up from around the world to come to London and set up its headquarters has attracted hundreds of companies. With just two weeks left for the entry deadline, applications have been received from over 51 countries and 169 cities. The most popular innovations and disruptive technologies come from the field of mobile applications, computer networking and Internet software. Unsurprisingly the high-technology sector is the most widely represented but applications are exceptionally wide ranging covering everything from geomapping and streaming, to enterprise software and telecommunications. The closing deadline for Million Pound Start-up entries is August 31, 2013.
Kam Star, Founder of Digital Shoreditch and leading the Million Pound Start-up competition, commented, "The Million Pound Startup competition has brought in a wave of innovative technology companies not just because of the financial investment, but because of the support package from London's greatest organisations. Start-ups need more than capital, they need serious connections to help them succeed, and that is what the contest offers."
Million Pound Start-up is the first global contest offering £1 million equity investment and the support from Seedrs, KPMG, City of London, London & Partners, City University London, Taylor Wessing, Digital Shoreditch, Ketchum, Playgen, School for Startups, and London First. Headquartered in London the goal is to propel the winner into a £100 million company within five years.
The partners and investors, whom represent years' worth of expertise, experience and industry know-how, are pooling resources of creativity and innovation, industry expertise and contacts to accelerate the success of the winning business. The winner will receive business support encompassing finance, tax, legal, office and marketing support. The closing deadline for Million Pound Start-up entries is August 31, 2013.
Tim Kay, who heads up KPMG's team in Tech City, added, "The rising demand for mobile technology is spawning new opportunities for a number of young ventures and start-ups in a nascent industry, and it's great to see that they are applying to the competition. We want London to be at the forefront of technology and mobile is undoubtedly one of the fastest segments in technology."
Million Pound Start-Up contest includes entries from innovative hi tech firms such as:
- Australia - Facebuy: A mobile platform that enables users to socially buy, sell and explore items for sale.
- UK - Taskhub: Crowd driven productivity platform.
- India - Clarencetech: mobile payments solution providing mobile payments over IVR.
- USA - Touch Surgery: A mobile surgical training system to improve surgical quality and patient safety worldwide.
- Spain - Toolea: Platform to manage all aspects of your business
- Malaysia - Nanotag Technology: Brand protection and asset loss prevention solutions.
- Ireland - Allogen Biotech: Portable rapid detection of food contaminants using next-gen sensors.
- Italy - KickBeta: Allows mobile developers to find the perfect sample for testing their applications.
- Israel - 24me: Next generation automated mobile app to manage many aspects of users lives.
- China - H&E Media: Platform to provide western expertise to Chinese investors.
Managed by FSA regulated Seedrs, the final 20 companies will only be revealed after investment decision has been made to choose the winner.
The competition closes August 31, 2013, so only 13 days remain to submit entries and for companies to tell the world why their company should win the £1 million investment. Entering the competition takes just a few seconds, a few seconds that could transform your future. Read more about the entries and competition here: http://millionpoundstartup.com/
Note to editors:
Digital Shoreditch celebrates the outstanding creative, technical and entrepreneurial talent of East London and Tech City. It runs monthly meet-ups, a huge festival of the most talented digital and technical creatives, connects brands and buyers to its members, and runs a comprehensive directory, hackathons and other competitions. Digital Shoreditch 2013 festival turned Shoreditch Town Hall into an extraordinary digital playground from 20th-24th May, and ran community events in the week until Friday 31st May attracting over 15,000 visitors and making it one of the world's largest digital community event.
For further media information contact Sarah Nadif, Richard Botley or David Vindel at Ketchum on Tel: +44(0)207-6113500 or email: email@example.com
SOURCE Ketchum Ltd