FELTON, California, October 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global mobile satellite services market is anticipated to reach USD 5.53 billion by 2024 on account of its rising demand as it facilitates advanced services where one can send or receive information from any remote location despite the absence of necessary infrastructure. Furthermore, the usage of satellite communication services in the disaster management areas in developed regions is expected to boost the market over the forecast period.
In 2016, maritime was the largest application segment of the market on account of the lack of definite communication infrastructure over sea routes. Increasing accidents on the sea routes and need for proper communication at the time of such events are anticipated to drive the demand for satellite communication.
Messages are conveyed through voice and data services within the MSS market. Conventionally, data has been the largest segment of the market representing that majority of the communication in the form of encrypted codes due to the high level of security offered by it. Sectors such as aviation and defense are the largest users of the service. Nonetheless, voice services are expected to witness growth as a result of increasing technology and communication system.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Mobile Satellite Services Market Size and Forecast, By Service (Data, Voice), By Application (Maritime, Aviation, Land), By End-Use (Defense, Government, Transportation, Mining, Oil & Gas), And Trend Analysis, 2014-2024" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/mobile-satellite-services-market
North America held the significant share in 2016 by contributing to over 30% of the overall market share due to the extensive usage of the technology. However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness a lucrative growth due to the increasing use of satellite devices in the defense, government and transportation applications. The launch of 104 satellites by ISRO in February 2017 along with the future planning of more number of a satellite launched is expected to provide an opportunity for growth of the market over the projected period.
The market is consolidated with the presence of a limited number of players. Majority of the global companies implement strategies of acquiring the leading domestic players to increase their production capacity and expand their presence in different regions. For instance, EchoStar Corp. acquired Solaris Mobile Ltd., an MSS operator based out of Dublin, Ireland in January 2014.
The leading players operating in the mobile satellite services include Inmarsat plc., Globalstar, Iridium Communications Inc., Thuraya Telecommunications Company, EchoStar Corporation, INTELSAT, ORBCOMM, ViaSat Inc., Singtel, and Telstra.
Browse reports of similar category by Hexa Research:
- Military Radar Systems Market - Global military radar systems market size was estimated at USD 11.45 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to witness growth.
- Home Automation Market - Global home automation market size was USD 17.48 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow over the forecast period. The market is being primarily driven by increasing awareness for less energy consumption, the rise in electricity prices, and advancement in technology.
- Software Defined Data Center Market - Global software defined data center market size was valued at USD 26.33 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow owing to its benefits such as advances in networking capability, reduction in storage cost, virtualization and high flexibility.
- Automotive Infotainment Market - Global automotive infotainment market size was valued at USD 15.93 billion in the 2016 and is expected to register robust growth owing to factors such as a rise in the sales of integrated infotainment services including smartphone connection.
Hexa Research has segmented the global mobile satellite services (MSS) market based on service, application, end-use and region:
Segmentation by service, 2014 - 2024 (USD Million)
Segmentation by application, 2014 - 2024 (USD Million)
Segmentation by end-use, 2014 - 2024 (USD Million)
• Oil & Gas
Segmentation by region, 2014 - 2024 (USD Million)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
Key players analyzed:
• Inmarsat plc.
• Iridium Communications Inc.
• Thuraya Telecommunications Company
• EchoStar Corporation
• ViaSat Inc.
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research