LONDON, January 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
West Africa is an area of high risk but potentially high reward. If you get a mining investment right there is a significant amount of money to be made. The challenge is managing political, infrastructural and security risks. These are some of the key issues being discussed this April at the West Africa Mining Investment Summit in London.
The four day gathering will enable investors, miners and government officials to understand the opportunities for West African mining and develop new strategies to ensure future stability and profitability.
Mining ministers attending the summit include:
- Hon. Minister Alhaji Inusah Fuseini, Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, Republic of Ghana
- Hon. Minister Alhaji Minkailu Mansaray, Ministry of Mines and Mineral Resources, Republic of Sierra Leone
- Hon. Deputy Minister of Operations, Sam G. Russ, Ministry of Lands, Mines and Energy, Republic of Liberia
- Hon. Minister Boubou Cisse, Ministry of Mines, Republic of Mali
- Hon. Minister Mohamed Ould Khouna, Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Government of Mauritania
These ministers will be joined by senior mining experts from mining companies, service providers, consultants and major institutional investors which include:
- Ismael Diakite, Managing Director - Guinea, Rio Tinto, Guinea
- Alfred Baku, Senior Vice President & Head of West Africa, Goldfields, South Africa
- Tom Holl, Fund Manager, Blackrock, United Kingdom
- Ed Bowie, Fund Manager, Altus Capital, United Kingdom
- Rian Raghavjee, Principal, NuCap, United Kingdom
- Dr. Peter Ruxton, Principal, Tembo Capital LLP, UK
Alongside the main two days, the gathering will run two additional workshops on 'Political and project risks: quantifying risks to your project in West Africa' and 'Anti-corruption: managing corruption risks to your businesses'. For more information on speaker line up and the programme, visit http://www.westafricainvestmentsummit.com.
Official supporters of the summit includes Ministry of Land and Natural Resources, Ghana, Business Council Africa, Liberian Ministry of Lands, Mines and Energy and JIC Holdings.
Resourceful Events is a leading organiser of market leading industry conferences, investment summits and training courses. From its offices in the City of London the company researches and puts together events that provide crucial market information and networking opportunities to many business sectors including mining, tunnelling and investment.
SOURCE Resourceful Events Ltd