SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global minimally invasive surgical instruments market size is expected to reach USD 38.3 billion by 2025 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period. The preference for Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) procedures is rising as they are less traumatic and they facilitate faster recover process than traditional open surgeries.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Handheld instruments led the device segment in terms of revenue share in 2017. On the other hand, electrosurgical devices are expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period
- Orthopedic led the application segment in terms of revenue share in 2017 owing to easy surgical alternatives with minimum tissue disruption in the form of MIS procedures
- Continuous adoption of MIS techniques for spine related procedures has led to the expansion of procedural volumes for orthopedic MIS
- Hospital segment held a majority of the market share in 2017. On the other hand, the Ambulatory Surgical Centers segment is likely to experience the fastest growth in the forthcoming years
- Ambulatory surgical centers offer same day surgery and discharge at lower costs. At present, over 5,500 Medicare certified ambulatory care centers are present in U.S.
- North America held majority of the market share in 2017 due to the presence of supportive reimbursement framework for innovative MIS devices and procedures
- Medtronic; Abbott; NuVasive, Inc.; CONMED; Stryker; Smith & Nephew; Zimmer Biomet; and Intuitive Surgical, Inc. are some of the key players operating in the minimally invasive surgical instruments market.
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Device (Handheld, Inflation), Application (Cardiac, Gastrointestinal, Orthopedic), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/minimally-invasive-surgical-instruments-market
Minimal invasive technologies are designed to reduce trauma, blood loss, scarring, and chances of infection than traditional open surgeries. Patients can resume their daily activities in shorter time after these surgical procedures. In addition, the costs involved in minimally invasive surgeries are significantly less than in-patient and conventional open surgeries. Therefore, MIS procedures prove to be beneficial for patients as well as payers. The benefits of MIS in various areas of orthopedics have contributed to the growing demand for less traumatic alternatives with minimum tissue disruption of bones.
Grand View Research has segmented the global minimally invasive surgical instruments market based on device, application, end use, and region:
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Handheld Instruments
- Inflation Devices
- Cutter Instruments
- Guiding Devices
- Electrosurgical Devices
- Auxiliary Devices
- Monitoring & Visualization Devices
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fluid Management Systems Market - Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases related to otoneurology, gastrointestinal tract, orthopedic disorders and nephrology related disorders are expected to drive demand in the fluid management systems market over the forecast period.
- Hearing Aids Market - The global hearing aids market was valued at USD 4.5 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow with a CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period.
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Devices Market - Changing lifestyle coupled with unhealthy eating habits has given rise to numerous gastrointestinal (GI) disorders which is expected to boost gastrointestinal endoscopic devices market over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc