LONDON, June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Global Information Mapping Leader Acquires Unique Intellectual Property to Extend Cross-Platform Delivery
Mindjet(R), the leading provider of business productivity software and SaaS applications that visually connect ideas, information and people today announced the availability of Mindjet iPad(R) and Mindjet iPhone(R), visual mapping applications that can be used independently or in conjunction with Mindjet's popular MindManager(R) software, used by over 1.8 million paid users globally. The new mobile applications will be available for GBP5.49 and GBP3.99 on the iTunes store beginning June 15.
"Because users see Mindjet information mapping as an essential complement to their core business applications, we're committed to delivering our solutions across all the devices our customers regularly use," said Blaine Mathieu, Mindjet's chief products officer. "We're especially excited about these mobile apps, because the touch screen interface is ideal for visual mapping purposes, like note taking, brainstorming and requirements gathering."
With these additional mobile applications, Mindjet reaffirms itself as the provider of the most powerful information mapping solution that is available across mobile, Web, Windows(R) and Mac(R) platforms.
In related news, Mindjet announced MindManager version 9 for Mac. For complete details see: https://www-cms.mindjet.com/press/releases/831.
- Mindjet announced new iPad and iPhone apps as key components of its cross-platform delivery model.
- As part of its mobile plans, Mindjet acquired key intellectual property from myMind(TM), a mobile visual development firm that developed the most usable mapping software suite for the iPad and iPhone. Key myMind team members also joined Mindjet to lead ongoing mobile development efforts.
- New Mindjet mobile software for iPad and iPhone includes advanced features more commonly found on desktop versions enhanced by touch screen functionality, which is ideal for the drag-and-drop creation of information maps.
- Separate applications for the iPhone and iPad are optimised for the form factors of each device.
- Key product highlights:
- Finger slide topic creation: Just slide your finger to create a new topic!
- Drag and drop functionality: Organising information is fast and easy!
- In-context menu: Menu display at your fingertips to cut, paste and delete topics!
- Dropbox(R) integration: Synchronise directly to Dropbox!
- Large map navigation: Makes browsing large maps a breeze!
- Going forward, Mindjet is focused on aggressively developing its mobile application platform, including increased functionality, integrations with Mindjet web services and unsurpassed compatibility with the industry standard Mindjet map format.
- Mindjet's mobile platform development is part of its broader commitment to develop the best information mappings products across all major platforms including mobile, Web, Mac and Windows, all supported by common cloud services.
- Products are immediately available on iTunes store on your iPad or iPhone, priced at GBP3.99 for the Mindjet iPhone and GBP5.49 for Mindjet iPad applications.
- System requirements: iPad or iPhone device using iOS(R) 4.0 or later
Scott Raskin, Mindjet CEO: "Mindjet is laying out aggressive plans to extend its leadership position in information mapping to mobile devices. As part of that strategy, we have acquired a best-in-class product suite, along with key talent to ensure that our mobile applications meet the standard Mindjet has set with our desktop and cloud-based solutions."
Scott Raskin, CEO: "The acquisition of myMind core technology aligned with our product strategy to accelerate the delivery of world-class mapping solutions. myMind has developed top-flight products for mobile devices, allowing us to quickly develop products across iPad and iPhone markets while charting a product path for seamless integration with our industry leading desktop and SaaS based software."
Wallace Tait, http://visualmapper.org "There's no doubt, with their iPad application; Mindjet stakes a claim of supremacy within two most important areas of mobile information management: 1. Cross platform usability; providing unlimited freedom for today's mobile workforce; and 2. Integration with Mindjet's .mmap, the world's most deployed and imported map file format"
Mindjet Mobile Products: http://www.mindjet.com/mobile-apps
Mindjet Blog Post on Mobile Strategy:
Mindjet on Facebook(R): http://www.facebook.com/mindjet
Mindjet on YouTube(R): http://www.youtube.com/mindjet
More Mindjet news: http://www.mindjet.com/press/reviews/overview
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business professionals visually organise and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading visual information mapping software and online services, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualisation technology to improve the usability of leading business applications.
Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's(R) 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at http://www.mindjet.com/products/overview and through an extensive partner network at http://www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview.
Mindjet, MindManager, and the Mindjet logo are registered trademarks of Mindjet and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Mindjet and any other company.
iPad, iPhone, and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Contact Information Katie Buckett/Josh Turner Brands2Life Katie.Buckett@brands2life.com / Josh.Turner@brands2life.com +44(0)20-7592-1200