EDINBURGH, Scotland, September 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading housebuilder Miller Homes is launching a photography competition encouraging people to submit a photo they have taken which encapsulates all that is great about the area in which they live.
Highlighting the importance of location, the 'Great locations photography competition' will also ask entrants to provide a sentence or two giving context to their photo.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive, Miller Homes, said: "More often than not, location is a deciding factor in people's decisions on where they want to live. Location is so important, and for this reason we ensure we only create communities in the very best places, with access to good schools, excellent local amenities and superb transport links.
"For our great location photography competition we are asking people to consider their locations and the reasons why they love them. We want to start conversations about place and to really tap into what makes a location appealing, exploring how vital this is to how people feel about where they live.
"We are anticipating a range of interesting entries and look forward to receiving these over the coming weeks and months. Best of luck to all entrants!"
Entries should be sent to email@example.com and once received will be published on Miller Homes' social media channels. Deadline for entries is 26th October 2014, after which time judging will take place and winners notified.
A winner will be selected from each of the housebuilder's six regions (Scotland, North East, North West, Yorkshire, Midlands, Southern) and then from these winners an overall national winner will be selected. Regional winners will each receive a £50 Amazon voucher plus the opportunity to have their photo framed and displayed in their nearest Miller Homes development; and on top of this the overall winner will receive a gift voucher for a one-day photography course as well as a framed copy of their photograph.
Full terms and conditions can be read here.
Notes to editors:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in six regions across the UK - Scotland, North West, Yorkshire, North East, Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk
SOURCE Miller Homes