-- Increasing demand for data centric communications and the extension of these capabilities to the outer edge
BOSTON, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- An increasing emphasis on data-centric communications and providing net-centric capabilities will drive the military communications market with a move towards higher frequencies to meet the growing demand for spectrum. The Strategy Analytics Advanced Defense Systems (ADS) service series of forecasts, outline global defense expenditure trends segmented on a regional basis before breaking out the expected spend on military communications incorporating systems, hardware, support and related services across the land, air, naval and space domains.
- The introduction of new satellite communication platforms, such as the US-based AEHF and MUOS systems, in conjunction with an increased and continuing emphasis on network centric and data orientated communications capabilities will drive demand for military satellite communications.
- Shipborne communications spending will be characterized by demand for multiple radio systems.
- Fast-jet platforms will represent the mainstay for the airborne radio market while the emerging UAV market will represent the fastest growth sector.
- Terrestrial radio volumes will be dominated by handheld systems while the emphasis on maintaining net-centric communications through to the tactical edge will drive VSAT terminal shipments.
"Managing bandwidth in increasingly congested spectrum will be a key challenge in meeting future demands for data-centric military communications," observed Asif Anwar, Director of the ADS service. "This is leading to the use of higher frequencies, particularly evident in the military satellite communications segment with adoption of Ka-band."
"Other common themes across the military communications sector include a move towards multi-mode and multi-band radio solutions," added Eric Higham, North American Director for ADS.
The series of military communications forecasts detail terminal shipments segmented across various platforms as well as detailing the associated market outlook for electronic components. For further details, see:
- Ground Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS010713
- Airborne Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS041213
- Terrestrial Military Satcom Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS061213
- Shipborne Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS061213B
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, market research, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
SOURCE Strategy Analytics