- MicroStrategy Receives Highest Overall Rating Compared to 25 Different Vendors
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia, Dec. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today announced that independent analyst firm Dresner Advisory Services has rated MicroStrategy the number one overall offering out of 25 vendors for 2014 Mobile Computing / Mobile Business Intelligence (BI). This is the fourth year in a row that MicroStrategy has topped the list of vendors included in Dresner's Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile BI Market Study. To receive a free copy of the report, compliments of MicroStrategy, visit: http://www.microstrategy.com/us/go/dresner-report-2014.
Highlights from the study include:
- In 2014, business intelligence for the first time represents the number-two priority in mobile applications and trails only email.
- The perceived value of mobile BI reached a new high in 2014.
- As in 2011, 2012 and 2013, Apple's iOS phones and tablets remain the top priority.
- Users would rather download native apps on their devices than access applications via a mobile browser.
- Across functions and vertical industries, roles and organizations with a strong outward field presence or customer-facing presence are more likely to place a higher priority upon mobile BI.
- Penetration of mobile BI remains modest: 20 percent report no mobile capabilities whatsoever and more than 60 percent of organizations report 10 percent or fewer users with mobile access. Forward expectations are ambitious by comparison.
"The importance of mobile BI among the companies that we surveyed reached a new five-year peak in 2014," said Howard Dresner, Founder and Chief Research Officer, Dresner Advisory Services, and author of the 2014 Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile BI Market Study. "That, coupled with declining expectations around 'mobile-only' BI deployments, means that providers who offer a balanced approach to BI may be better positioned moving forward. We congratulate MicroStrategy on their continued strong showing in our annual Mobile/Mobile BI study."
"MicroStrategy enables customers to instantaneously deploy superior, secure mobile analytics with little to no effort," said Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "This has allowed so many of our customers to take advantage of mobile BI and all of its productivity benefits. Our repeated number one ranking in this study is a testament to MicroStrategy's ease of deployment and breadth of capabilities, and confirms MicroStrategy as a leader in mobile analytical apps."
About Dresner Advisory Services
Dresner Advisory Services was formed by Howard Dresner, an independent analyst, author, lecturer and business adviser. Dresner Advisory Services, LLC focuses on creating and sharing thought leadership for Business Intelligence (BI) and related areas.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide the most flexible, powerful, scalable, and user-friendly analytics and identity management platforms, offered either on premises or in the cloud.
The MicroStrategy Analytics Platform™ empowers leading organizations to analyze vast amounts of data and distribute actionable business insight via reports, dashboards, ad-hoc advanced analytics, and powerful data visualizations. MicroStrategy Mobile™ extends that platform to enable organizations to rapidly build information-rich applications that combine multimedia, transactions, analytics, and custom workflows, delivered on mobile devices. The MicroStrategy Identity Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Usher™) provides organizations the ability to develop a secure mobile app for identity and credentials. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Analytics Platform, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy Identity Platform, and MicroStrategy Usher are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated