-- New Apps, Service Offerings and Platform Capabilities Deliver Expanded Breadth and Depth in the Mobilization of Information and Information Systems
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today announced a set of new and enhanced mobile apps and service offerings on Day Two of its annual user conference, MicroStrategy World 2014, in Las Vegas.
MicroStrategy Analytics App for iPad, Available on the iTunes App Store
The new MicroStrategy Analytics App™ for iPad allows users to get an optimized mobile view of their organizations' analytical insights. The MicroStrategy Analytics App enables users to connect to their analytics applications, and securely browse through project folders of grids, graphs, visual insights, visualizations and dashboards.
With the MicroStrategy Analytics App, business users can:
- Untether analytics from the desktop and access data they need on an iPad, regardless of their location;
- Spin a terabyte of data on their fingertips;
- Ask questions of their data using touch-optimized prompts and selectors;
- Visualize data to quickly see patterns, trends, and outliers;
- Experience data-driven meetings in which answers to questions can be found on their iPads; and
- Collaborate with other users around the world with annotation and sharing features.
- To download the MicroStrategy Analytics App from the iTunes app store, visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microstrategy-analytics-for/id797228916?mt=8.
MicroStrategy Analytics Express App for iPad, Available on the iTunes App Store
MicroStrategy Analytics Express™ is a self-service SaaS business analytics solution designed to help non-technical users analyze data on their own, without expert assistance. The new MicroStrategy Analytics Express App™ for iPad allows MicroStrategy Analytics Express users to securely access their personalized analytics from their mobile devices wherever they are. The app provides users with touch-optimized features for slicing and dicing the data, re-arranging visual insight dashboards, and spotting trends and outliers. To download the MicroStrategy Analytics Express App from the iTunes app store, please visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microstrategy-analytics-express/id688337546?mt=8.
New MicroStrategy Sales Productivity Solution, Built and Delivered by MicroStrategy Professional Services
MicroStrategy also announced today a new sales productivity solution, a MicroStrategy Professional Services™ offering designed to help organizations accelerate their implementation of a robust mobile sales analytics and enablement app. This solution is focused on improving the productivity of any sales organization by providing real-time access to critical sales materials, trends and customer insights through an intuitive and easy-to-use mobile app. The solution will enable sales managers to better understand, manage and take action on opportunities, forecasts and field sales activities while also enabling sales reps to better manage and focus their sales cycle efforts, expand deal sizes, and drive better and faster close rates on opportunities.
With the solution, field sales professionals can:
- View and maintain opportunity pipeline and sales forecasts;
- Make active comparisons of their current forecast against previous periods, and quickly zero in on and understand what changed and why;
- Access all current product information including demos, videos, brochures and other training materials;
- Reference market information, competitor analysis and interactive sales presentations, and more; and
- Access a combined, holistic view of all customer information, including buying records, accounts receivable, consulting projects delivered, and tech support history. With this 360-degree view of their accounts, sales reps can better determine probable buying trends and execute on cross-sell/up-sell opportunities.
This sales productivity solution extends the best aspects of today's most prominent sales force automation (SFA) and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, such as salesforce.com, and enhances their capabilities for sales management and sales operations teams. By applying MicroStrategy analytics to native SFA data, customers can gain visibility and clarity into their sales operations, providing them with the ability to spot trends, identify new opportunities and project future sales. Sales management and sales operations personnel have powerful time-series analytics at their fingertips, such as insight into customer buying habits, visibility into field sales activity and field rep attainment, and improved forecasting accuracy.
New Product Capabilities for MicroStrategy Mobile App
The MicroStrategy Mobile App™— rated as the number one Mobile BI solution by leading industry analysts — has been further enhanced to provide users with an intuitive powerful, fast, and secure business app.
New and improved capabilities announced include:
- Redesigned and optimized app experience for iOS7. The MicroStrategy Mobile App has been optimized to deliver a seamless iOS7 experience, providing users with a more efficient design. Enhancements range from folder browsing and data visualizations, to prompting and transactional inputs.
- Faster app performance. MicroStrategy's latest mobile clients and server technology deliver 1.4x greater capacity than the company's last release. With the same configuration and infrastructure, existing customers can deliver fast response times to tens of thousands of active users simply by upgrading to the latest version of MicroStrategy 9™, version 9.4.
- Enhanced analytics. MicroStrategy Visual Insight dashboards have been significantly improved, providing users with tap and drag capabilities to re-arrange the different visualizations on a dashboard. Each visualization utilizes responsive design to optimally fill the available space. Additionally, MicroStrategy has added support for nested prompts and has enhanced its library of visualizations.
- New native transactional front-ends. As part of its mobile transactional capabilities, MicroStrategy now includes front-end widgets to leverage native transactional controls in iOS7 for all transactional inputs (e.g. text, date, switches, barcodes, and image capture), providing developers with a powerful tool to quickly build transactional apps.
- Enterprise-grade security further enhanced. Whether deploying financial data to company-owned devices or sales information to personal devices in a BYOD deployment, security of the information is critical. New enhancements to the MicroStrategy Mobile App include app-level passcodes, double encryption, and integration with MicroStrategy's Identity Platform™ solution, MicroStrategy Usher™, which can be utilized for login validation.
For more information about MicroStrategy Mobile™ or to download the MicroStrategy Mobile App, visit: http://www.microstrategy.com/app/.
New MicroStrategy Tech Support App Available Spring 2014 on the iTunes App Store
For decades, companies have provided customers with product support in a common, industry-standard manner. That is about to change. This spring, MicroStrategy will put technical support in everyone's hands—in a mobile app. A prime example of the types of apps companies will need to build to mobilize and modernize their businesses, the MicroStrategy Tech Support App is powered by MicroStrategy Mobile, hosted in the MicroStrategy Cloud™, and leverages the MicroStrategy Analytics Platform™ to let users analyze support activity in real-time.
New Mobile App Developer Academy Available Spring 2014 on the iTunes App Store
Previously announced as a beta release, MicroStrategy Mobile App Developer Academy™ will be generally available to the public via the iTunes app store in Spring 2014. MicroStrategy Mobile App Developer Academy is a collection of educational videos, grouped in classes with corresponding certifications delivered in an iPad app, that records users' completed courses and classes. The materials are built by the best MicroStrategy Mobile app developers in the world, to arm every potential MicroStrategy developer with the skills to build amazing business apps.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide the most flexible, powerful, scalable and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobile, identity and loyalty, offered either on premises or in the cloud.
The MicroStrategy Analytics Platform™ enables leading organizations to analyze vast amounts of data and distribute actionable business insight throughout the enterprise. Our analytics platform delivers reports and dashboards, and enables users to conduct ad hoc analysis and share their insights anywhere, anytime. MicroStrategy Mobile™ lets organizations rapidly build information-rich applications that combine multimedia, transactions, analytics, and custom workflows. The MicroStrategy Identity Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Usher™) provides organizations the ability to develop a secure mobile app for identity and credentials. The MicroStrategy Loyalty Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Alert) is a next-generation, mobile customer loyalty and engagement solution. To learn more about MicroStrategy, visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Analytics Platform, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy Identity Platform, MicroStrategy Loyalty Platform, MicroStrategy Usher, MicroStrategy Analytics App, MicroStrategy Analytics Express, MicroStrategy Analytics Express App, MicroStrategy Professional Services, MicroStrategy Mobile App, MicroStrategy 9, and MicroStrategy Cloud are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated