LONDON, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Instant setup and flexible pay-as-you-go pricing
Scalable to suit and grow with any size of business
MICROS, the leading provider of technology for the retail and hospitality industries and payleven, Europe's technological leader in mobile payment, announce they are joining forces to provide businesses with the world's first cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) solution with integrated mobile Chip & PIN card payment technology. As the first step in a European partnership, together they offer an affordable and advanced POS solution.
Based on MICROS' new Kachng!, MICROS and payleven have together created a cloud based pay-as-you-go system that incorporates rich POS capabilities which can be implemented in minutes. Its features include:
- Instant Setup - register online with no paperwork required. Installation is simple: download the payleven App and access Kachng! online from any HTML web browser. It requires no specialised staff to setup.
- Pay-as-you-go - no long-term contracts. A Kachng! rolling subscription costs from £49 per month per POS and payleven simply charges 2.75% per transaction and £89 + VAT for the card reader. Both can be cancelled at any time.
- Mobility - a truly mobile POS that works via 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi - perfect for both mobile retail and flexible in-store transactions.
- Integrated Chip & PIN Payments - integrated card payments functionality provides a seamless transaction flow, as well as automatic sales and card history transaction reconciliation.
- High-Level Security - EMV Level 2 Device, PCI compliant data storage and encrypted data.
- Scalable - options to manage multiple card readers, tills and branches. Platform provides simple plug-and-play expansion capabilities from one to over 100 points of sale.
- Real Time Data Access in Cloud - reporting of live up-to-date figures for sales, stock and card payment settlement, accessible anytime anywhere with internet connection.
- Powerful Retail Tools - promotions, discounts and single use vouchers can all be easily generated. In addition, optional modules for CRM, inventory management and stock file upload are also available- only pay for what you use.
"I would have expected to pay tens of thousands of pounds for this system," says Clinton Lewin, Owner of iCandy and a Kachng! and payleven trial customer. "I was setup and taking payments in 24 hours with access to real-time data and analytics wherever I am. I only pay for what I use and have peace of mind that this new technology is backed by renowned MICROS. I am getting big business technology at small business rates."
Frank Ward, CEO MICROS Systems UK Ltd commented, "We are committed to bringing the very best retail and hospitality systems to the SME sector and this new partnership means that any small business can now benefit from accepting their customers' credit cards without the commitment to long term banking agreements."
"We constantly look to enrich our customer experience by extending payleven's functionality," says Alston Zecha, COO and founder of payleven. "Today marks another important step on that journey partnering with MICROS, a proven leader in Point-of-Sale technology. We are continuing to help growing businesses expand, by designing a system that can scale to offer increasingly sophisticated functionality as required".
The new system is available to all existing and new customers of both MICROS and payleven from today in the UK, and will shortly be available in other European geographies. For more information or to learn how your business could benefit please go to http://www.payleven.co.uk and http://www.kachng.com.
Notes to Editors
Press ready images, logos and headshots are available here: http://bit.ly/paylevenandmicros
About MICROS Systems, Inc.
MICROS Systems, Inc. provides enterprise applications for the hospitality and retail industries worldwide. Over 330,000 MICROS systems are currently installed in table and quick service restaurants, hotels, motels, casinos, leisure and entertainment, and retail operations in more than 180 countries, and on all seven continents. In addition, MICROS provides property management systems, central reservation and customer information solutions under the brand MICROS-Fidelio for more than 26,000 hotels worldwide, as well as point-of-sale, loss prevention, and cross-channel functionality through its MICROS-Retail division for more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide.
payleven is Europe's technologically leading solution for mobile payments and helps merchants of all sizes to realize new business potential. Based on a "plug & pay" principle, payleven merchants can offer their clients Chip&PIN debit and credit card payments via their smartphone or tablet devices - offering a mobile, cost-effective and secure alternative to traditional card payment terminals.payleven offers a variety of additional features, helping customers to maximize the potential of their business.
Founded by payment experts and entrepreneurs Konstantin Wolff (CMO), Rafael Otero (CTO) and Alston Zecha (COO), payleven brings fresh air into the traditional world of finance. With 90 employees working in the UK, Germany, Italy, Benelux, Poland and Brazil, payleven is shaping the future of the payment world.
More information is available on http://www.payleven.co.uk