PARIS, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Michael Burke, chairman and CEO of Louis Vuitton, has been named the 2013 recipient of the prestigious "Prix EDHEC," an honour that is awarded by the alumni association of the French business school for which the prize is named.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
The Prix EDHEC has been awarded to deserving EDHEC alumni every year since 1983. The prize is awarded to alumni whose professional and personal activities best exemplify the values and the excellence of the EDHEC Business School education.
Mr. Burke, graduated from EDHEC in 1980, started his career with in 1986. He led the U.S. branch of Christian Dior from 1986 to 1993 and then went on to manage Louis Vuitton's North American operations from 1993 to 1997. He was named CEO of Christian Dior in 1997.
After Fendi was acquired by LVMH in 2003, Mr. Burke was named President of the brand, a fashion institution that he helped to transform and revitalize. In February 2012, Mr. Burke took over the direction of Bulgari. Less than a year later, in December 2012, he was named Chairman and CEO of Louis Vuitton.
Mr. Burke succeeds last year's prize winner, Philippe Léopold-Metzger, the CEO of Piaget and a 1997 EDHEC graduate.
"Michael Burke embodies the passion for excellence that we hope to instil in our graduates. Our Alumni are the best ambassadors we have as they exemplify the superior quality of the EDHEC Business School education and the values of responsibility and innovation our school has passed on to its graduates for more than 100 years," said Olivier Oger, Chairman and CEO of the EDHEC Group. "We are immensely proud of the positive contributions EDHEC alumni have made to the finance and management sectors."
EDHEC Alumni by the numbers
- EDHEC Alumni is an association that represents the graduates of the EDHEC Business School
- EDHEC Alumni represents 24 700 graduates in 120 countries
- EDHEC Alumni hosts 400 events each year
- EDHEC alumni provide career counselling to 300 undergraduates each year
- EDHEC alumni provide
- 8 000 job offers to new graduates each year
EDHEC Business School by the numbers
- 6 000 students in degree programs and 10 000 professionals in continuing education programs
- 17 diploma programs, including ESPEME (a program for undergraduates), Masters in Management, Masters of Science, MBA, PhD in Finance
- 23 000 participants for conferences and seminars organised in 28 countries
- 134 professors (49% of whom come from outside France ) and 810 visiting professors
- 13 research and teaching chairs
- A budget of 82M€, 20% of which goes to research, one-third of the total budget comes from corporate partners
- 5 campuses - Lille, Nice, Paris, London and Singapore
- Triple Accreditation from EQUIS - AACSB - AMBA
At EDHEC our mission is to provide useful research and training for our corporate partners and to provide the finest management and finance education available to our students. Our motto, "EDHEC for Business," sums up our dedication to producing academic research that has real-world implications for our corporate partners, our students, and the society at large.
Delphine Kerfyser, Delphine.email@example.com, +33-1-53-32-87-65
SOURCE EDHEC Business School