LONDON, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading holiday specialists help holiday-makers save bundles of cash on their travels this summer
For many lucky families across the UK it's now time to start focusing fully on this year's summer holiday jaunt abroad. Yes, now that the schools have broken up until September, it's all systems go for sun, sea, sand and...fun! However, as we're constantly being reminded of: we're in the midst of an economic recession at the moment. So with that in mind, leading holiday specialists, Mercury Direct, have kindly provided five top money-saving tips for travelling abroad this summer.
With hundreds of money-saving holidays available to some of the world's most popular destinations, including Holidays to Malta, Australia, Sri Lanka and the Algarve, Mercury Direct are delighted to impart sound holiday advice to their loyal customers.
They have used the constant feedback they receive from customers to create these five helpful, money-saving tips.
1. Get cheap foreign currency: Avoid airport Bureau de Change's at all costs - literally. The exchange rates they offer are generally poor, making it expensive to change up your hard-earned sterling. As a viable alternative, many holiday-makers are now opting to take global credit cards, which offer cheaper transactions and are safer.
2. Get the best holiday insurance deal: There are two types of travel insurance: Single trip and Annual (or multi-trip) coverage. Single trip covers customers for the duration of their holiday whereas annual covers for the whole year of purchase. Annual cover is obviously more expensive than single trip, but if you plan to go abroad more than once this year it works out cheaper to get annual insurance!
3. Get cheap roaming calls: The cost of using your mobile phone abroad is high, both for receiving and making calls and texts. Many customers travelling abroad are nowadays purchasing international sim cards, which allow for cheap calls and texts; especially to UK networks. Alternatively, you can always purchase an international calling card?
4. Get free guide books: Why not use your local library to borrow a guide book or two instead of purchasing expensive bookshop guidebooks? And you can also leagaly photocopy up to 1 chapter or 5% of a book if you can find the right section.
5. Grab return transfers from the resort: Getting to and from the airport from your resort abroad can be costly, especially if you decide to grab a taxi. Mercury Direct offer free airport transfers in resort - just one of their many great offers included with bookings.
Mercury Direct are a leading package holiday provider, specialising in to some of the world's most popular destinations including Cyprus, Sri Lanka, Mauritius and Malta holidays. Established for over 30 years, they represent one of the UKs most trusted package holiday brands, well known for their great value and quality.
To view their range of summer holiday destinations and superb package deals, please visit the Mercury Direct website.
About Mercury Direct
Established in September 1980, Mercury Direct has grown from small beginnings to become one of the leading UKs holiday specialists. With cheap holidays available to some of the world's most luxurious destinations including, Australia, Malta, Cyprus and Sri Lanka, Mercury Direct represents a travel company which caters solely for its customers.
The company prides itself on selecting holidays based on customer feedback through questionnaires and market research; hence why more and more Mercury Direct customers repeat their bookings year upon year.
SOURCE Mercury Direct