DUBLIN, October 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market Analysis by Product (Hollow Fiber, Flat Sheet, Multi-Tubular), by Configuration (Submerged, Side stream), by Application and Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global membrane bioreactor market is expected to reach USD 8.27 billion by 2025
Rising demand for membrane bioreactor as they offer high-quality solid separation and low carbon footprint will propel industry expansion over the forecast period.
Rising concerns regarding the release of toxic effluents into the environment are expected to result in an increase in the installation of membrane bioreactor solutions in the industrial and manufacturing sector. In addition, stringent environmental regulations on sludge disposal are expected to stimulate demand for highly effective MBR systems.
Increasing MBR installations by various key players including Beijing Origin Water, GE Water, Koch Membrane Systems, and Tianjin MOTIMO as a result of rising industrial wastes by pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, and refinery will promote the market growth over the forecast period. Technology up gradation coupled with cost reductions are expected to drive the product demand over the forecast period.
Municipal accounted for 68.7% of the overall share in 2016 and is expected to witness substantial growth as a result of increasing urban population and government support to promote infrastructure development in Turkey, China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Bangladesh.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Flat sheet MBR is expected to witness significant rise at a CAGR of 18.5% from 2017 to 2025 as a result of increasing adoption in the medium scale industrial waste water treatment plants. Moreover, increasing usage in food & beverage sector owing to its high solid loading and good hydraulic flow behavior is anticipated to fuel demand.
- Asia Pacific was the dominant market and accounted for 50.4% of the global membrane bioreactor market in 2016. Establishment of various food & beverage, pharmaceutical, pulp & paper manufacturing units particularly in India and China will fuel MBR demand in industrial waste water sector.
- Growing water pollution along with water shortage problems that are currently prevailing in China, India, Singapore and Malaysia is expected to provide ample opportunity for the wastewater treatment industry.
- Key participants dominating the membrane bioreactor (MBR) industry includes GE Water & Process Technologies, Toray Industries, Inc., Kubota Corporation, Koch Membrane Systems, Inc., Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, and Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd.
- MBR players are adopting numerous strategies for strengthening its foothold across the international market. These companies have been undertaking strategies including new product developments, expansion of installed capacity in order to increase its market penetration.
- In July 2015, Cambrian Innovation launched EcoVolt Membrane Bioreactor (MBR). This system will remove over 99% of pollutants and solids, enabling water re-use on site
- KMS introduced next generation of improved, high flux PURON modules for membrane bioreactor having built-in reliability, low life-cycle costs, reduced system footprint, and new fiber chemistry
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Membrane bioreactor Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4. Membrane Bioreactor Market: Product Outlook
Chapter 5. Membrane Bioreactor Market: Configuration Outlook
Chapter 6. Membrane Bioreactor Market: Application Outlook
Chapter 7. Membrane Bioreactor Market: Regional Outlook
Chapter 8. Competitive Landscape
Chapter 9. Company Profiles
- Kubota Corporation
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Koch Membrane Systems, Inc.
- GE Water & Process Technologies
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd.
- Aquatech International Corporation
- United Envirotech Ltd.
- ADI Systems
- Bioprocessh2o LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bmhhc8/membrane
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets