OSLO, Norway, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Nordic region is world hotspot for mobile gaming. Megapop brings a twist to the tower defense genre with a groundbreaking approach
Megapop games is proud to announce that it has won the Investor Live Pitch Battle at the annual Nordic Game conference. In a fierce battle between 20+ Nordic companies, four ended up in the final round. Once there, Megapop pitched to a panel of noted, professional game investors, as well as a large live audience, and emerged the winner!
As most industry watchers note, the Nordic region has grown to become one of the world hotspots for gaming, with an impressive amount of successful companies. Celebrating its tenth edition, the annual Nordic Game Conference drew a record amount of visitors from both near and far to honor the Nordic gaming industry. That Megapop left victorious in such a competitive climate bodes well for the future of the company.
Megapop is particularly proud to be unanimously elected the winner by an esteemed panel of investors, many of whom are notably involved in premier European gaming companies. Even better, when handing out the award, it was said Megapop has the biggest commercial potential of all the candidates.
Megapop is a startup studio founded by former Funcom (Age of Conan, The Longest Journey) and Artplant (Battlestar Galactica Online) developers. Their first game, Trolls vs Vikings, was unveiled at GDC 2013, and the game has since started to gain a growing interest. With their background in creating Triple-A MMO, Adventure and Browser titles, Megapop are setting the bar high for their debut.
About Trolls vs Vikings:
- The CraziestTower Defense Experience, Period - Play as nature-loving trolls, who must defend their magical homeland from fierce Viking invaders and their gods.
- Extensive Story Mode - Span the seasons, each one providing new environments, challenges, tactics, bosses and hilarious new enemies to fight.
- Thrilling Multiplayer Campaign - Social features that mark a first for the genre: experience both real-time and turn-based multiplayer matches. Loop in friends with the seamless social sharing and comparing system.
- It's Got It All - Awesome characters, deep strategy, collectable monsters, tons of achievements and fun gameplay, both solo and online. Join the wacky and wonderful world of the Trolls, and help them fend off the vicious Viking horde!
- Tower Defense… Evolved - Movable towers, set-pieces, strategic resource gathering, dynamic in-game tile system, and many other small and large tweaks to the gameplay formula.
- Labor of Love - Perhaps the most important "feature" of all… and it's not even a feature! The Megapop team share a deep reverence for the tower defense genre; their top priority is to make a game they personally love to play!
Check out the Megapop Website
About Megapop Games
Founded in 2012 by former Funcom (Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Dreamfall, The Longest Journey) and Artplant (Battlestar Galactica Online) developers, Megapop is a new casual online gaming startup headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The company is founded by some of Europe's most recognized online game developers and game business managers. More than 100 years of combined experience has resulted in a range of significant awards and a number of international hits. As a company, Megapop is focused on adding an engaging social dimension to beloved videogame staples. With a deep passion for games, their ultimate goal is to create worthy games, where quality gameplay shines brightest of all!
SOURCE Megapop Games