-- Latest LTE product to enable Super-mid market
HSINCHU, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MediaTek today announces the MT6752, a 64-bit octa-core LTE SOC. The MT6752 deploys eight 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-53 CPUs and a Mali-T760 GPU -- the next-level 64-bit mobile computing and LTE. It is pin compatible with the previously announced quad-core MT6732 -- shortening the product development cycle.
The solution is the latest in a series of announcements MediaTek has made to give consumers in the Super-mid market high performing smartphones at an affordable price.
The MT6752 platform delivers:
Advanced Multimedia Features
- Supports low-power, 1080p, 30fps video playback supporting the emerging video codec standard H.265 and legacy H.264 and 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- Integrated 16MP camera image signal processor
- MediaTek ClearMotion™ technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices
- MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality
Integrated Multi-mode 4G LTE Modem
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150 Mb/s downlink, 50 Mb/s uplink)
- 3GPP Rel. 8, DC-HSPA+ (42 Mb/s downlink, 11 Mb/s uplink), TD-SCDMA and EDGE are supported for legacy 2G/3G networks
"The MT6752 is part of our commitment to provide high performance yet cost effective solutions, accelerating the global demographic and cultural transformation for the Super-mid market. We continue to democratize technology as previously seen in the TV and DVD industries. We launched world's first true octa-core solution in November 2013 and now we continue to extend our lead to deliver on our vision to make the world a more inclusive place," said Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit.
The MT6752 platform will be commercially available early Q3 of 2014, with a complete reference design and mass production in Q4.
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek is a pioneering fabless semiconductor company, and a market leader in cutting-edge systems on a chip for wireless communications, HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. MediaTek created the world's first octa-core smartphone platform with LTE and its CorePilot technology released the full power of multi-core mobile processors. MediaTek [TSE:2454] is headquartered in Taiwan and has offices worldwide. Please visit www.mediatek.com for more information.
SOURCE MediaTek Inc.