LEHI, Utah, September 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Extends Workplace Management capabilities to Apple iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry and other mobile platforms
- Becomes first vendor to offer complete Workplace Management for physical, virtual and mobile endpoints
Matrix42, a leading provider of Workplace Management solutions, today announced the launch of Matrix42 Mobile Device Management (MDM). Matrix42 is now the only vendor to provide management for all forms of end-user computing devices - physical, virtual and mobile.
As smartphones proliferate in the workplace, enterprises are struggling to deploy, secure, monitor, manage and support the deluge of mobile devices and operating systems, leading to higher capital and operational costs and increased security risk. Additionally, many employees now use their personal smartphones and other mobile devices to access and consume corporate data. To combat the growing complexity of mobile device management, enterprises are looking for a solution to standardize security, protect sensitive corporate data and meet compliance standards across all devices.
Matrix42 Mobile Device Management (MDM) centrally manages the entire mobile device lifecycle, including deployment, security, monitoring, management and support, and complements Matrix42's virtual desktop management solutions. Together, the solutions allow enterprises to fully support "bring your own device" (BYOD) initiatives through the deployment, configuration and management of not just physical devices, but also virtual infrastructure and desktops.
A recent Gartner research report stated (i), "As the various smartphones make an even greater impact on the enterprise, companies are struggling with how to manage policy, security and support. Enterprise MDM software is evolving to offer smartphone (and other device) support across a variety of platforms. Enterprise MDM software products and services help enterprises manage the transition to a more complex mobile computing and communication environment by supporting security, service, software and inventory management across multiple OS platforms, primarily for handheld devices like smartphones and tablets."
The Matrix42 solution is based on technology from AirWatch, a global leader in mobile security, mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) software. AirWatch has more than 1,500 customers and was recently positioned in the "Leader" quadrant of Gartner's Mobile Device Management Software Magic Quadrant (ii). Matrix42 Mobile Device Management is available today directly from Matrix42 or from select Matrix42 resellers. For more information visit http://www.matrix42.com/mdm.
"Users want autonomy over the physical devices they use, while IT needs to maintain control," said Herbert Uhl, chief executive officer of Matrix42. "Mobile device management and virtual desktop management go hand-in-hand giving IT the ability to support BYOD and manage all environments. With this new offering, Matrix42 is now the only company to fully deliver and manage a truly dynamic workplace."
Matrix42 Mobile Device Management
Matrix42 Mobile Device Management is an easy-to-use, enterprise-wide mobile device and WLAN management solution designed to track, monitor and manage an organization's mobile devices. Key features include:
- Cross-platform flexibility that enables organizations to manage a diverse fleet of Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows Mobile, regardless of operating system, carrier, network or location.
- Highly scalable architecture designed to support organizations with hundreds or thousands of devices.
- Secure role-based access that allows enterprises to define and control console access, protecting critical business information and enterprise mobile assets.
- A Mobile Email Gateway (MEG) that provides an added layer of visibility and control on top of the existing corporate email infrastructure to ensure device interaction is secure and compliant.
- An intelligent notification alerting engine that enables IT departments to manage by exception, so they can be more productive and efficient.
- A software development kit (SDK) that allows independent software vendors or enterprises to integrate into customer business applications.
- A Web-based console providing fast access to critical business information and making it easy to perform complex device management tasks.
- A multi-tenant architecture that allows large enterprises or service providers to manage multiple entities from a single instance of the software.
- An enterprise app catalog that enables IT administrators to centrally deploy, manage and secure both internal and public apps across Apple iOS and Android smartphones and tablets via a custom built app catalog.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Matrix42 is the leading supplier for Workplace Management solutions. Matrix42 Workplace Management enables the seamless management of physical, virtual and mobile environments. It combines Client Lifecycle, Cloud, SaaS, Virtualization and Service Management into a holistic solution enabling users to have transparent access to their data and services everywhere, from any virtual or physical device at any time. Founded in 1992, Matrix42, with headquarters near Frankfurt, Germany, has been established in the dynamic IT market for almost 20 years. Over 3 million clients are managed by Matrix42 software at more than 1,500 customers worldwide including market-leading enterprises such as Infineon, Magna, Lufthansa Systems and Puma and integrators like Raiffeisen IT, msg systems and Bechtle. In early 2008, Matrix42 became part of the Asseco Group. With over 8,000 employees and a market capitalization of around 1.2 billion euros, Asseco is one of the largest European software companies.
AirWatch is a leading provider of enterprise-grade smartphone security and mobile device management solutions. Positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant of Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software 2011, AirWatch secures, monitors, manages and supports an enterprise's entire fleet of Android, Apple's iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows 7 and Symbian devices. A multi-award winning company, AirWatch has more than 1,500 organizations in the education, financial services, retail, healthcare, government, transportation, distribution, field services, hospitality and manufacturing industries. For more information, please visit http://www.air-watch.com.
(i) Gartner, Inc.: "Key Issues for Enterprise Network Services, 2011,"by Phillip Redman and Daniel O'Connell, March 31, 2011
(ii) Gartner, Inc.: "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software," by Phillip Redman, John Girard and Leif-Olof Wallin, April 13, 2011