LEHI, Utah, September 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Features Increase Accuracy and Efficiency of Enterprise Software Distribution
Matrix42, a leading provider of Workplace Management solutions, today unveiled its enhanced Enterprise Manager 2011 for Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) to simplify and streamline software rollouts.
Microsoft SCCM forms the centerpiece of client systems management for thousands of IT organizations around the world. However, for the time-consuming and often error-prone process of distributing new or updated software packages across thousands of user desktops, it has some limitations. Matrix42 Enterprise Manager extends the value of Microsoft SCCM helping IT professionals improve the process with greater accuracy and efficiency.
New features include:
- Extended Package Management - new variables simplify deployment by removing the need for multiple packages for different locations.
- Advanced Rollout Management - reduces bandwidth usage by allowing IT to phase rollout downloads with the ability to monitor progress at a macro- and desktop-specific level.
- OS Deployment - unifies management tools by bringing native SCCM OS deployment capabilities into the Enterprise Manager console.
- Optimized Delegation Management - the enhanced Web console provides clearer definitions and controls for user roles and delegation paths.
- Improved Agent UI - an improved user interface helps the end-user understand which new services are available, when rollouts will be implemented and when interaction is required.
"Microsoft SCCM is a powerful tool, but many system administrators are looking for ways to extend the solution to support immediate rollouts, delegation and simplified software delivery," said Oliver Bendig, VP of product management at Matrix42. "Using Matrix42 Enterprise Manager, SCCM becomes more precise, targeted and time- and bandwidth-efficient - a win-win for IT service management and end-user productivity."
Matrix42 Enterprise Manager is available now. More at http://www.matrix42.com/sccm-enterprise-manager/enterprise-manager/
Matrix42 is the leading supplier for Workplace Management solutions. Matrix42 Workplace Management enables the seamless management of physical, virtual and mobile environments. It combines Client Lifecycle, Cloud, SaaS, Virtualization and Service Management into a holistic solution enabling users to have transparent access to their data and services everywhere, from any virtual or physical device at any time. Founded in 1992, Matrix42, with headquarters near Frankfurt, Germany, has been established in the dynamic IT market for almost 20 years. Over 3 million clients are managed by Matrix42 software at more than 1,500 customers worldwide including market-leading enterprises such as Infineon, Magna, Lufthansa Systems and Puma and integrators like T-Systems, Raiffeisen IT, msg systems and Bechtle. In early 2008, Matrix42 became part of the Asseco Group. With over 8,000 employees and a market capitalization of around 1.2 billion euros, Asseco is one of the largest European software companies.