DUBLIN, August 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Master HIPAA Compliance in Six Steps " conference to their offering.
This seminar will be going into great detail regarding you practice or business and how it relates to the HIPAA Security/Privacy Rule,
Areas covered will be history of HIPAA, privacy vs security, business associates, changes for 2016, audit process, paper based PHI, HIPAA and suing, texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and much, much, more
The seminar will uncover myths versus reality as it relates to this very enigmatic law based on over 600 risk assessments performed as well as years of experience in dealing directly with the Office of Civil Rights HIPAA auditors.
It will also speak to real life audits conducted by the Federal government (I've been on both sides of these audits) what your highest risks are for being fined (some of the risk factors may surprise you).
In addition, this course will cover the highest risk factors for being sued for wrongful disclosures of PHI and the manner in which patients are now using state laws to sue for wrongful disclosures.
Don't always believe what you read online about HIPAA, especially as it relates to encryption and IT, there are a lot of groups selling more than is necessarily required.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Associates and HIPAA
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures and much, much more
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p7xbgd/master_hipaa
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets